Day Trip to La Gomera
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Cross the sea and explore the tiny island of La Gomera, famous for her beautiful scenery and vibrant history including the historical remains of Christopher Columbus' island presence. Discover dramatic valleys, green mountains, oases of palm trees crystal clear waters and lush laurel forests.
Our guide to Day Trip to La Gomera
Mass tourism thankfully forgot La Gomera but that doesn't mean you have to miss out on exploring this beautiful patch of volcanic land which is just a short boat ride away from Tenerife.
In fact, the 70-minute ferry crossing from Los Cristianos harbour to San Sebastián de la Gomera is the perfect time to relax and enjoy the sea air and views.
On arrival, you'll board your coach and head away from the island's capital and into the mountains, passing the Asunción Church and the Hermitage of San Sebastián. Enjoy a scenic photo stop at the Mirador de las Carboneras, a renowned lookout offering spectacular views across the verdant Hermigua Valley's green hills, terraced fields and picturesque palm groves.
Next, continue to El Cedro for more scenic vistas, passing through the stunning scenery of the Garajonay National Park. Declared as Universal Patrimony by UNESCO, much of the area is covered by a humid subtropical laurel forest punctuated with rocky vistas and crystal clear springs.
Descend through La Palmita arriving at the small village of ‘Las Rosas, where you'll stop for lunch. Sample a typical Gomeran cuisine lunch and enjoy a fascinating demonstration of the unique Gomera whistling language - which was how the islanders communicated for many centuries.
After lunch, you'll continue on to Agulo which is renowned as one of the most beautiful villages on the island and La Castellana. The route takes you past Hermigua, a beautiful village, set at the bottom of a deep ravine where you'll stop to take photos at the scenic viewpoint.
The tour then returns to San Sebastián, where there is free time to visit the last remaining historical fortifications of Columbus before returning to Los Cristianos by ferry.
Please note: Please bring your passport. This is required so that you can board the ferry.
Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from South area and Monday and Wednesday from Puerto de la Cruz area.
Between 7.00am and 8.00am. Your exact pick-up time will be detailed on your documentation.
Around 10 hours.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Day Trip to La Gomera
- Guests aged between 2 and 11 years are eligible for the child rate.
- Pick-ups are available from the South Area (most hotels in Los Cristianos, Playa de las Américas, Costa Adeje and Playa Paraiso) and from Puerto de la Cruz.
- Naviera Armas ferry takes about 70 minutes
- The exact route is variable due to weather conditions but the content will remain more or less the same with similar points of interest.
- Please bring your passport. This is required so that you can board the ferry.
- These itineraries could be changed due to weather conditions, road closures or due to force majeure.
- Cancellation Policy: If you wish to cancel this must be done in writing by the person in whose name the booking is in. The cancellation charges are as follows, 56-14 days prior to the arrival 25% of the price of the reservation, 7-13 days prior to the arrival 50% of the price of the reservation and 0-7 days prior to the arrival 100% of the price of the reservation.
Frequently Asked Questions for Day Trip to La Gomera
- Is lunch included in the tour?
Yes - a typical Canarian lunch will be enjoyed in Las Rosas.
- What is the child policy?
Guests aged between 2 and 11 years old must book a Child ticket.
- Do I need to specify a day of travel when I book?
Yes, advance reservations are necessary.