Montserrat Mountain & Royal Basilica
Enjoy breath-taking views from the Montserrat mountains!
Located in a natural park around 35 miles to the west of Barcelona, the mountains provide a mystical backdrop for the Virgin of Montserrat, the patron saint of Catalonia who is worshipped at the shrine in the monastery.
Our guide to Montserrat Mountain & Royal Basilica
This memorable tour gives you the opportunity to enjoy wonderful and breathtaking views of the stunning Montserrat Mountains as well as visiting some of this historic area's highlights.
Starting with a comfortable coach trip - the mountains are just a short drive from , gaze in awe as the mountain rises 4,051 feet (1,236 meters) in front of you.
The rocks of Montserrat were formed by natural cement and exposure to centuries of wind and rain have combined to form strange forms leading to some imaginative names and legends!
Next, stop at the Royal Basilica of Montserrat, which holds the famous 12th century Romanesque carving of Virgen Moreneta (the Black Virgin) and visit the Benedict sanctuary of Montserrat which was founded in 1025.
On some days the children's choir sings in the monastery and so you may be fortunate enough to catch one of their delightful performances.
There will be some chances to taste a selection of typical Montserrat liquors before enjoying some free time to take in an audiovisual exhibition about the history and creation of Montserrat.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Montserrat Mountain & Royal Basilica
- 24 hours free of charge. Less than 24 hours or No Show 100%.
- Unfortunately, this tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- For your comfort, a radio guide system is offered during the tour, in groups of more than 5 people.
- Infants (0-3yrs) travel free provided they do not occupy a seat.
- Correct dress code is requested to enter the Basilica at Montserrat. It is not permitted to enter with tank tops, strapless shirts, short shorts or sandals.
- Hotel pick up is not included on this tour. Please meet at Balmes 5, close to Plaza Catalunya in central Barcelona.
Frequently Asked Questions for Montserrat Mountain & Royal Basilica
- How many people will be on this tour?
This is a large coach tour with a maximum of 50 participants.