Montserrat Mountain & Royal Basilica
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Enjoy breath-taking views from the Montserrat mountains!
Discover one of the most mystic Catalan wonders on this half-day tour. Take the cogwheel train and enjoy a breathtaking ride up the mountain. Walk around the sanctuary and imagine the many lives lived by the monks at the site through the centuries. Visit the Black Madonna, popularly known as la Moreneta, and get a free gift.
Our guide to Montserrat Mountain & Royal Basilica
This memorable tour gives you the opportunity to enjoy wonderful and breathtaking views of the stunning Montserrat Mountains as well as visiting some of this historic area's highlights.
Leave Barcelona on an air-conditioned coach towards Montserrat. After a 1h drive on the highway, board the cogwheel train up the mountain and enjoy the amazing views over the area. Admire the Mountain’s peculiar morphology, which comes from the Catalan words Mont (mountain) and Serrat (serrated). World-famous for its rocky geography, Montserrat beautiful scenery was declared National Park in 1987 to protect its natural and cultural wealth.
Follow your local guide through the site and learn about the history and architectural style of the Monastery. A community of 80 monks currently lives and follow the rule of Saint Benedict in Montserrat. Fall in love with the Gothic and Renaissance details of the basilica and sanctuary. Learn about the legend of the miraculous apparition of the Black Madonna and Child in the cave of Santa Cova. To this day, their woodcarving is kept in the Church of the monastery, which you will be able to visit. The figure is popularly known as La Moreneta (The Black Madonna) as a result of a varnish reaction.
Besides the main area, there are a great number of small churches and trails you can follow. You will be given free time to taste the finest liquors, to visit the basilica and the Black Madonna and get a free gift, to shop for locally produced treats or to visit the audio-visual exhibition once our guided tour finishes.
Daily, year round.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Montserrat Mountain & Royal Basilica
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the supplier 72 hours prior to the tour date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours of tour date.
- Unfortunately, this tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- For your comfort, a radio guide system is offered during the tour, in groups of more than 5 people.
- Infants (0-3yrs) travel free provided they do not occupy a seat.
- Correct dress code is requested to enter the Basilica at Montserrat. It is not permitted to enter with tank tops, strapless shirts, short shorts or sandals.
Frequently Asked Questions for Montserrat Mountain & Royal Basilica
- How many people will be on this tour?
This is a large coach tour with a maximum of 30 participants.