Tully River Rafting
- Free cancellations*
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Get ready for an adventure of a lifetime on the Tully River
The mighty Tully River is Australia's premier white water rafting river offering hours of action set amongst World Heritage Listed rainforest. Enjoy a scenic journey to the breathtaking Tully Gorge before tackling a multitude of grade 3 and 4 rapids with your highly trained River Guide.
Our guide to Tully River Rafting
Thrill seekers look no further, this awesome adventure is guaranteed to get your adrenaline flowing.
The Tully River stands out as Australia's premier destination for thrilling white-water rafting, offering continuous excitement from the starting point to the finishing point! Your adventure commences with a convenient late-morning pickup from a central location in Cairns. As you relax and take in the picturesque landscape during the 90-minute ride, you'll pass by enchanting sugar cane farms and serene rainforest streams. Upon reaching Tully, you'll have the opportunity to enjoy a light lunch at your own expense before embarking on a 40-minute journey to the upper reaches of Tully Gorge.
Meet your River Guide and fellow paddlers and get fitted with a helmet and life jacket before making your way down to the water.
You'll begin with a comprehensive safety briefing and receive paddling instructions to prepare for the adventure ahead. Before tackling the exhilarating white-water rapids, you'll warm up by navigating a couple of smaller rapids. Get ready for an adrenaline-pumping, heart-racing experience as you navigate thrilling Grade 3 and 4 rapids, where you'll hear calls like 'paddle forward,' 'get down,' and 'hang on!' Along the river, you'll also encounter tranquil sections where you can catch your breath and savour the breathtaking scenery before the next exhilarating white-water stretch.
Upon reaching the take-out point, you'll have the chance to change into dry clothes before we head to the Feluga Hotel for a well-deserved country pub dinner.
Grab a coldie while comparing river stories with your fellow paddlers surrounded by a living history of Raging Thunder. After dinner, board the coach and relax while we return you to your accommodation.
Daily, year-round except 25th December and 1st January.
This tour picks up from centrally located Cairns accommodation. Hotel pick-ups start from 10.00am. Your exact pick-up time will be advised upon reconfirmation of your tour locally.
Around 12 hours including 5 hours on the water.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Tully River Rafting
- You will receive a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
- You MUST re-confirm your booking locally at least 24 hours in advance.
- Rafting Levy of AUD30.00 per person is payable locally on the day. The rafting levy is a compulsory charge covering Land Management fees, government charges and taxes, dam water release and part recovery of public risk insurance (amount subject to change without notice).
- This trip is suitable for all levels of fitness. All passengers must be able to fit into the supplied life jackets.
- This tour is not suitable for children under 13 years of age. Children under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian counter sign their liability waiver form.
- Bring lace-up shoes (that WILL get wet), swim suit and towel (you will need to be wearing your swimsuit at the time of pick-up), a spare change of clothes, and don't forget the sunscreen. You will be provided with safety equipment, including life jacket, helmet and spray jacket.
- All tours depart at the discretion of your guide based on weather conditions and safety reasons.
- A medical questionnaire and liability waiver are required to be completed and signed.
- PLEASE NOTE: you MUST HAVE a competent swimming ability and be able to understand and follow River Guide instructions in English, to participate in Tully River rafting. This is for your safety. English speaking and comprehension will be assessed by River Guides at the time of pick-up; if there are concerns about your ability to understand instructions and communicate with our River Guides, you will not be able to participate in the tour and no refund is available or will be provided.
- Rafting is not suitable for anyone who is pregnant.
- For your safety you will not be permitted to raft if we detect you are under the influence of drugs or alcohol and in these instances, no refund will apply. If you have any medical conditions you are worried about, please talk to our friendly team.
- We highly recommend having your own travel insurance.
- If you have a medical condition or you are unsure that you are physically able to participate in the activity, we recommend that you consult with a medical practitioner.
- Action digital photos of the day will be available to buy, at the end of the tour.
- Prior to your rafting trip you will be required to complete a medical questionnaire and sign a liability waiver (either online or on paper).
- Cancellation Policy:
- *CANCELLATION POLICY: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator up to 24 hours before your chosen activity date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 24 hours or in the event of a no show.
Frequently Asked Questions for Tully River Rafting
Can I change the date of my tour?
Dates may be changed locally at the discretion of the tour operator. It MUST be requested to 24 HOURS before the tour departs.
What if I miss my coach pick-up?
If you are not waiting at the pick-up point at the date and time specified in your booking, then you will forfeit 100% of the total price paid.
What should I bring?
Please bring lace-up shoes (that WILL get wet), swim suit and towel (you will need to be wearing your swim suit at the time of pick-up), a spare change of clothes, and don't forget the waterproof sunscreen. You will be provided with safety equipment, including life jacket, helmet and spray jacket. Bring money for photos and levy BUT please do leave jewellery and valuables at home.
What is the Rafting Levy fee?
The rafting levy is a compulsory charge covering Land Management fees, government charges and taxes, dam water release and part recovery of public risk insurance. The amount is payable locally on the day of your tour, and is subject to change without notice.