Tully River Rafting
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Get ready for an adventure of a lifetime on the Tully River
The mighty Tully River is Australia's premier white water rafting river offering hours of action set amongst World Heritage Listed rainforest. Enjoy a scenic journey to the breathtaking Tully Gorge before tackling a multitude of grade 3 and 4 rapids with your highly trained River Guide.
Our guide to Tully River Rafting
Thrill seekers look no further, this awesome adventure is guaranteed to get your adrenaline flowing.
The Tully River is Australia's best white water rafting river with non-stop action! Your tour starts with a late morning pick-up from a central location in Cairns, kick back and enjoy the scenery on the 90-minute journey as we pass sugar cane farms and rainforest creeks. On arrival at Tully, you'll have a chance to grab a light lunch (own expense) before travelling 40 minutes to the top of the Tully Gorge.
Meet your River Guide and fellow paddlers and get fitted with a helmet and life jacket before making our way down to the water.
You'll receive a comprehensive safety briefing and paddling instructions and warm-up on a couple of small rapids prior to hitting the white water! Raft your way through awesome grade 3 and 4 rapids that are sure to get your adrenalin pumping and heart racing as you 'paddle forward', 'get down' and 'hang on!' There are some calm water sections on the river where you can catch your breath and take in the spectacular scenery, before hitting the next section of pumping white water! Arriving at the take-out point, change into dry clothes before we head to the Feluga Hotel for a well-earned country pub dinner.
Grab a coldie while comparing river stories with your fellow paddlers surrounded by a living history of Raging Thunder. After dinner, board the coach and relax while we return you to your accommodation.
Daily, year-round except 25th December and 1st January.
This tour picks up from centrally located Cairns accommodation. Hotel pick-ups start from 10.00am. Your exact pick-up time will be advised upon reconfirmation of your tour locally.
Around 12 hours including 5 hours on the water.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Tully River Rafting
- You will receive a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
- You MUST re-confirm your booking locally at least 24 hours in advance.
- Rafting Levy of AUD30.00 per person is payable locally on the day. The rafting levy is a compulsory charge covering Land Management fees, government charges and taxes, dam water release and part recovery of public risk insurance (amount subject to change without notice).
- This trip is suitable for all levels of fitness. All passengers must be able to fit into the supplied life jackets.
- This tour is not suitable for children under 13 years of age. Children under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian counter sign their liability waiver form.
- Bring lace-up shoes (that WILL get wet), swim suit and towel (you will need to be wearing your swimsuit at the time of pick-up), a spare change of clothes, and don't forget the sunscreen. You will be provided with safety equipment, including life jacket, helmet and spray jacket.
- All tours depart at the discretion of your guide based on weather conditions and safety reasons.
- A medical questionnaire and liability waiver are required to be completed and signed.
- PLEASE NOTE: you MUST HAVE a competent swimming ability and be able to understand and follow River Guide instructions in English, to participate in Tully River rafting. This is for your safety. English speaking and comprehension will be assessed by River Guides at the time of pick-up; if there are concerns about your ability to understand instructions and communicate with our River Guides, you will not be able to participate in the tour and no refund is available or will be provided.
- Rafting is not suitable for anyone who is pregnant.
- For your safety you will not be permitted to raft if we detect you are under the influence of drugs or alcohol and in these instances, no refund will apply. If you have any medical conditions you are worried about, please talk to our friendly team.
- We highly recommend having your own travel insurance.
- If you have a medical condition or you are unsure that you are physically able to participate in the activity, we recommend that you consult with a medical practitioner.
- Action digital photos of the day will be available to buy, at the end of the tour.
- Prior to your rafting trip you will be required to complete a medical questionnaire and sign a liability waiver (either online or on paper).
- Cancellation Policy:
- *CANCELLATION POLICY: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator up to 24 hours before your chosen activity date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 24 hours or in the event of a no show.
Frequently Asked Questions for Tully River Rafting
Can I change the date of my tour?
Dates may be changed locally at the discretion of the tour operator. It MUST be requested to 24 HOURS before the tour departs.
What if I miss my coach pick-up?
If you are not waiting at the pick-up point at the date and time specified in your booking, then you will forfeit 100% of the total price paid.
What should I bring?
Please bring lace-up shoes (that WILL get wet), swim suit and towel (you will need to be wearing your swim suit at the time of pick-up), a spare change of clothes, and don't forget the waterproof sunscreen. You will be provided with safety equipment, including life jacket, helmet and spray jacket. Bring money for photos and levy BUT please do leave jewellery and valuables at home.
What is the Rafting Levy fee?
The rafting levy is a compulsory charge covering Land Management fees, government charges and taxes, dam water release and part recovery of public risk insurance. The amount is payable locally on the day of your tour, and is subject to change without notice.