Golden Circle and City Sightseeing - Hop On Hop Off
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
This combo tour takes you to the Golden Circle & City Sightseeing and explore Reykjavík at your leisure, with the opportunity to hop on and off. Get to know Icelandic nature and Reykjavík city.
Our guide to Golden Circle and City Sightseeing - Hop On Hop Off
The Golden Circle & Friðheimar Greenhouse Tour
This combo deal begins with an 8-hour Golden Circle, where you will visit three of Iceland’s most famous sights and learn about growing pesticide-free tomatoes with geothermal water and then you can go and explore Reykjavík at your own leisure on the Reykjavík Sightseeing Hop On Hop Off bus. The Golden Circle includes Geysir geothermal area, Gullfoss waterfall and Þingvellir National Park. At Geysir geothermal area you can see the geyser Strokkur shoot a column of water up to 30 metres (98 ft.) into the air every 4-8 minutes. Gullfoss waterfall is a step waterfall, created by the glacial river Hvítá, and tumbles and plunges into a crevice some 32 m (105 ft.) deep. We also visit the historical and geological wonder that is Þingvellir National Park, where the American and Eurasian tectonic plates are pulling apart at a rate of a few centimetres per year. Additionally, we visit the Friðheimar greenhouse cultivation centre, where we learn about the magic behind growing delicious, pesticide-free tomatoes with the aid of geothermal heat which Iceland has in abundance.
Reykjavik City Sightseeing - Hop On Hop Off
You arrive back to Reykjavík in the afternoon so it is not possible to do the Hop on Hop off on the same day as the Golden Circle. You can use the Hop on Hop off ticket any day*
*Please note that the City Sightseeing bus is not operated on June 17, December 24, 25, 31 and January 1.
On Reykjavík Pride parade either second or third Saturday in August
On Reykjavík Marathon and Reykjavík Cultural Night which is held annually the Saturday after 18 August, or on 18 August if it is a Saturday.
Duration Location: BSÍ Bus Terminal or hotel/guesthouses in Reykjavik.
Departs: Daily 9.00am
Duration: 8 hours
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Golden Circle and City Sightseeing - Hop On Hop Off
- In the event of inclement weather, road closures or other causes which may impact your hotel pick-up, you will be advised of the nearest collection point. It is the customer's responsibility to be at this location in order to be collected.
- You will receive a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
- Remember to dress warmly.
- You will be required to present a printed copy of your voucher at the time of tour departure.
- Pick-up from hotels and guesthouses starts 45 minutes before the tour departure time. You will be advised specific times upon reconfirmation locally.
- Depending on hotel locations etc. this can sometimes take 15-45 minutes. Once everyone is present, your tour will depart.
- The City Sightseeing bus is not operated on December 24, 25, 31 and January 1.
- No liability is accepted for losses or expenses due to delays or changes of arrival or departure of flights or other services, injury, sickness, accident, strikes, damage, negligence, weather, war or other causes outside the control of Reykjavik Excursions. All such losses and expenses are the personal liability of the traveller.
- CANCELLATION POLICY: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator up to 72 hours before your chosen activity date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours.