Simply Stonehenge Tour from London
Stonehenge has intrigued archaeologists and academics ever since it was built. Take a trip to this famous site from London and realise why this overwhelming creation has cast its mystical charm over not simply scholars, but all who have visited it.
Our guide to Simply Stonehenge Tour from London
Take a 90 minute trip to Stonehenge from London and realise why this overwhelming creation has cast its mystical charm over archaeologists, academics and all that visited it for thousands of years.
Who built this 40 ton rock formation situated on Salisbury Plain? Was it a temple for sun worship, a healing centre, a Bronze Age burial ground or simply a huge calendar? These questions have baffled people for centuries. It is believed Stonehenge was built around 5,000 years ago when a collection of stones were dragged to this lonely plain.
How did our ancestors manage to carry the mighty stones from so far away and then, using only the most primitive of tools, build this amazing structure?
Set in a landscape dotted with prehistoric mounds and carvings, Stonehenge continues to enthral the imagination and captivate the heart of every visitor.
Departing from Central London, your driver will take you straight to Stonehenge for an extended visit. Upon arrival audio guides are available in different languages. Enjoy plenty of free time to explore and wander around this world heritage site and surrounding area.
Make your own decision as you uncover the history behind this mysterious monument.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Simply Stonehenge Tour from London
- Please note - If you ARE NOT travelling within the next 72 hours then it can take up to 7 days for your tickets to be uploaded. If you ARE travelling within the next 72 hours then once you've made your booking please contact us by replying to your confirmation email or by calling our Customer Service team.
- Advanced reservations are required. Please select your tour date at the time of purchase.
- Your tour excludes drop-off at your hotel and will alternatively drop you back at Kensington (Gloucester Road).
- This tour is unescorted; you will be free to explore Stonehenge on your own.
- Itinary is subject to change without notice. Delays are also possible due to traffic conditions etc.
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the supplier 24 hours prior to departure. No refunds are given for no shows or cancellations made within 24 hours of departure.