Sydney Helicopter Grand Tour
- Free cancellations*
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
The ultimate Sydney sightseeing trip!
Take to the skies on an exhilarating helicopter flight and enjoy magnificent views of the dramatic city skyline, harbour and legendary landmarks including the Opera House, Harbour Bridge and famous surf beaches.
Our guide to Sydney Helicopter Grand Tour
A Sydney HeliTours vehicle will provide a courtesy transfer from your City hotel to Mascot Heliport, located at 472 Ross Smith Avenue Sydney Airport, the departure point of your tour. After check-in and presentation of a pre-flight safety briefing, you will board the helicopter to commence a 30-minute Grand Tour scenic flight.
See the magnificent beaches of Sydney from above as your luxury helicopter sweeps along one of Australia's most scenic stretches of coastline, over Coogee Beach, Bondi Beach and Manly Beach. With the possibility of seeing schools of fish, dolphins and whales (seasonal), your helicopter flight continues into Sydney Harbour for several orbits and a flight right past the Sydney Harbour Bridge, Sydney Opera House and the stunning backdrop of the city skyline. Enjoy complimentary refreshments after the flight (tea/coffee). You will be returned to your designated City hotel after the conclusion of the flight.
Upon take-off enjoy full panoramic views of the Sydney skyline, the Pacific Ocean and the historic Port of Botany Bay. Within 3 minutes of departure, your experienced and skilled pilot will have you above the glistening waters of Marboura Beach and tracking north over the water at 500 feet.
You will contour fly the picturesque coastline of the Eastern Suburbs beaches including Coogee and Clovelly, and also the world-famous Bondi Beach. Admire the spectacular houses of Dover Heights perched on the sandstone cliffs as you continue towards Sydney Heads, the gateway to Sydney Harbour.
From Sydney Heads, your flight path will continue north passing Manly and Curl Curl Beaches en route to Dee Why and Long Reef. Your pilot will then turn and head towards Middle Harbour. Look down at the traffic crawling along the Spit Bridge as you continue down to the picture-perfect Sydney Harbour where you will fly past Sydney icons including Watsons Bay, Rose Bay, Taronga Zoo, Sydney Harbour Bridge and the magnificent Sydney Opera House.
On your return journey to the heliport, you will fly past some of Sydney’s great sporting arenas including the Sydney Football Stadium and the Sydney Cricket ground, as well as the Randwick racecourse.
Throughout the flight you can talk to each other via voice-activated headsets and your professional pilot will provide you with an expert commentary on all the sights and heli tour highlights.
Daily except 25th December.
10.30am or 1.30pm.
2-hour round-trip, including a 30-minute flight.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Sydney Helicopter Grand Tour
- Almost all flights are confirmed with a minimum of 2 passengers. Single passengers are welcome, however, the flight is not confirmed until a second passenger is travelling.
- Hotel pick-ups are from selected Sydney city accommodations.
- All tours, in the interest of safety, operate weather pending and are only restricted under extreme weather conditions such as low cloud, fog, gusty winds, adverse tidal conditions or electrical storms. Flights can still operate in wet weather. Should guests wish to cancel their tour because of bad weather and flights are still able to operate, a 100% cancellation fee will apply.
- Please note that drivers are NOT permitted to leave their vehicles. Please wait outside your hotel at street level for pick up.
- Children under 3 years travel free parent's lap. Only one infant may travel unrestrained within an aircraft.
Infants will not be carried in company aircraft on shared flights. If flying with infants the aircraft must be booked on a private basis for an additional cost.
- For passengers weighing over 135kg (or 297 lbs), a surcharge may apply. Passengers in excess of this weight will be required to fly in the Eurocopter helicopter and may incur additional costs payable locally, subject to the number of passengers travelling. All passenger's weights are required at the time of booking. This is a Civil Aviation Safety Authority legal requirement.
- Hotel details for transfers must be advised at the time of booking.
- The minimum age for flights with no doors is 15 years of age.
- Your flight departs from Mascot Airport, Building 472, Heliport, Ross Smith Avenue.
- *Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled before 48 hours. No refunds for bookings cancelled 48 hours or less prior to travel or in the event of a no-show.