Hapsburg Tour and the Royal Palace
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Discover the magnificent Royal Palace!
This charming walking tour introduces you to some of Madrid's beautiful historical buildings and architecture; stroll through the Renaissance and Baroque buildings of the Hapsburgs era before heading into the stunning Royal Palace.
Our guide to Hapsburgs Tour and the Royal Palace
Your walking tour starts with the striking buildings of the Hapsburgs; the name given to Madrid when Habsburg dynasty reigned in Spain.
During this period, the city was enriched with palaces and monuments often in a Renaissance or Baroque style and by the reign of Philip II, picturesque Madrid was made capital of Spain.
Accompanied by an enthusiastic guide, you will journey past renowned sights such as Monumento de la Encarnacion and famous squares such as Plaza de Oriente, Plaza Mayor, Puerta de la Opera, Plaza Ramales, Plaza de la Villa, Sacramento and Puerta del Sol.
The tour then continues to the Royal Palace, the official home of the Royal Monarchy from 1765 to 1931. The palace is widely regarded as one of the most beautiful and best preserved royal homes in Europe and was built on the site of an ancient Arab fortress in the classical Italian baroque style.
The entire complex was created with stone and brick vaulting, without any wood, so that it could not be destroyed by fire in the same way as the Arab fortress.
Rich materials were used for the construction and decoration: Spanish marble, gilded stucco, mahogany in doors and windows; and the interior walls are adorned with rich tapestries and frescoes by principal artists of the period Giaquinto, Tiepolo and Mengs, and their Spanish followers Bayeu and Maella. Don't miss the beautiful gardens that surround the palace enhance the grandeur of the building
Daily, year round.
Around 3.5 hours.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Hapsburgs Tour and the Royal Palace
- Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour begins.
- Comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Royal Palace visitors are kindly requested to respect the instructions of the Palace Security: Photography and filming are not permitted inside the exhibitions.
- This tour only runs with minimum 2 and maximum 12 people per departure for the Hapsburgs Madrid Walking Tour. In case that this minimum has not been reached, an alternative date or cancel option without penalties (full refund) will be offered.
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled prior to your holiday departure date. No refunds are given for cancellations made post departure.