Phillip Island Penguin Parade
- Free cancellations*
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Get acquainted with the cutest little penguins in Australia!
Experience the wonders of Phillip Island Nature Park with this half day tour to see the seals, koalas, kangaroos and of course the Little Penguins that call this island home. And if you’re a lover of fine food and fabulous fauna, then this is definitely the tour for you!
Our guide to Phillip Island Penguin Parade
Depart Melbourne and journey to the city’s most colourful attraction – the iconic Brighton Beach bathing boxes – for an opportunity to visit the beach and take some time to admire these historic landmarks.
Continue through Melbourne’s bayside suburbs on the way to the award-winning Moonlit Sanctuary Wildlife Conservation Park. Here, enjoy a guided wildlife walk where you will have the opportunity to meet and hand-feed many species of native Australian animals. Learn about iconic species such as kangaroos, koalas, emus, and wallabies, as well as some of our lesser-known favourites including quolls, owls, bandicoots, and Tasmanian devils.
At Phillip Island itself, a visit to Point Grant and The Nobbies delivers views over Westernport Bay and the Bass Strait, including Seal Rocks, home to Australia’s largest population of fur seals.
However, the undoubted highlight of your Phillip Island tour – the main event – will be just after dark when the world’s smallest penguins parade ashore after spending the day fishing out at sea. You’ll be truly enchanted as the stars of the show emerge from the surf and pass right before your eyes on their journey back to their homes. Your guide will ensure you get the very best vantage point to enjoy the Penguin Parade.
After the parade, you will have plenty of time to explore the Visitor Centre before beginning your journey back to Melbourne. With a drop-off back at your inner city accommodation, you’ll remember this day as a true highlight of your Australian holiday.
Why not embellish your trip with one of the following add-ons?
- Penguin Plus Viewing: For an exclusive viewing experience, upgrade to the more personalised “Penguins Plus” viewing platform. With numbers limited to 200, you’ll enjoy special ranger interpretation in a more natural setting.
- Penguins Underground Viewing: Enjoy up-close viewing of the penguins in their natural habitat through an underground viewing window, with the comfort & convenience of being indoors, undercover and out of the elements.
Daily, year-round except 25th December
Departure times start from 10.00am-11.00am between May and August and between 11.00am-12.00noon from September and April
9-12 hours (Return between 9pm and midnight – according to the season)
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Phillip Island Penguin Parade
- Itinerary is subject to change without notice.
- This tour uses smaller air-conditioned buses, allowing access to many areas not available to the larger coaches as well as providing a personal touch with the benefits of a small group environment.
- Nobbies viewing is seasonal and dependent on daylight hours.
- Tour returns seasonally between 9pm - midnight
- Photography of any kind is not permitted at the Phillip Island Penguin Parade. Photography is permitted at all other locations.
- The number of birds arriving on the beach varies significantly throughout the year due to seasonal factors.
- Dress according to the weather for that day. We recommend warm clothes & rain jackets in the winter months as it can get chilly on the Island when waiting for the penguin's arrival. Snacks & water bottle
- Any infants and children travelling must be advised at the time of booking. Prams and strollers are not permitted on the vehicle as they do not have storage space for these items.
- Children aged between 0-15 years pay a childs price.
- Children 0-4 years: To ensure our guest’s health & safety, all children aged 4 years and under must be securely fastened in a baby seat. These seats are provided by us at no additional charge. This is a condition of carriage as we strictly prohibit children from sitting on a parent's lap while the tour vehicle is in motion. Parents or guardians bear the responsibility to make sure their child remains seated and properly secured throughout the duration of the tour.
- For children aged between 5-8 years, we offer an optional booster seat. This is available by request only and arrangements must be made prior to the tour's departure. Please understand that once requested and placed in the vehicle, the booster seat cannot be removed during the day.
- Children under the age of 18 who wish to travel by themselves on any of our day or extended day tours must have a Parent/Guardian consent form completed and signed.
- Go West Tours reserves the right to alter fares, inclusions, vehicles, use other accredited tour operators during peak season and may cancel tours in unforeseen circumstances.
- Go West Tours reserves the right to decline groups larger than 15 guests joining.
- Tour operation or alterations to itineraries may occur due to road or weather conditions, natural disasters, strikes, public holidays, accommodation availability and/or other factors. The company gives no guarantee as to the exact arrival or departure times of tours as circumstances beyond our control may influence this.
- Go West Tours must be advised of any medical conditions or physical disability requiring special attention before the tour. Failing to advise us, may result in us refusing to accept the booking. We may also refuse travel if we feel that the tour chosen is not suitable without a suitably qualified companion.
- There is a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 24 persons on each departure.
- *Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator before 48 hours of your chosen activity date. Guest cancellations within 48-24 hours to tour departure will incur a 50% loss of the tour fare. Guest cancellations within 24 hours of tour departure or failure to take up a tour for any reason will result in 100% forfeiture of the tour fare. No refunds will be made for any absence from the tour.
Frequently Asked Questions for Phillip Island Penguin Parade