Yarra Valley Gourmet Tour
- Free cancellations*
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Experience the region’s best wineries & much more!
While the Yarra Valley is a world-renowned wine growing region, wine is only half the story of this gourmet wonderland. This tour provides a fine blend of the very best of the region’s wines and other gourmet produce.
Our guide to Yarra Valley Gourmet Tour
Your gourmet food and wine tour of the Yarra Valley starts with an exclusive farm gate visit at Yarra Farm Fresh for a palate-cleansing fruit experience. Yarra Farm Fresh specializes in bringing the best of the Yarra Valley into their farm gate store. Learn about what's in season, and sample a range of locally grown fruits and hand-made products. This is your chance to discover the very best of the region's produce and gourmet products all under one roof.
Next, we travel to one of the valley’s true icons, Balgownie Estate where we’ll enjoy a tasting of their extensive range of quality wines. We’ll learn how to swirl, sniff, and slurp like true connoisseurs while tasting some of the very finest cool climate wines.
The amazing produce at the Yarra Valley Dairy will truly melt in your mouth. The cheeses here are truly stunning and will have your tastebuds working overtime.
Your lunch is at the fabulous Rochford Wines where you can choose from four different main meals, with a glass of wine and tea or coffee. Take some time to explore the gift shop, or perhaps climb the spiral staircase to enjoy the panoramic views from Rochford’s famous lookout tower.
After lunch, make your way to one of Australia’s great wineries and be a member of the Australian Tourism Hall of Fame, Yering Station. Home of Victoria’s oldest vineyards, first planted in 1838, the wines here are of exceptional quality and a tasting is not to be missed.
Before returning to Melbourne, visit the Yarra Valley Chocolaterie where you’re welcomed with an exclusive chocolate tasting, displays of thousands of premium chocolates, and European chocolatiers at work handcrafting their chocolate creations.
You will commence the journey home knowing that you have enjoyed the very best that the Yarra Valley has to offer.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Yarra Valley Gourmet Tour
- This tour uses smaller air-conditioned buses, allowing access to many areas not available to the larger coaches as well as providing a personal touch with the benefits of a small group environment.
- There is a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 24 persons on each departure.
- Bring a windbreaker and comfortable walking shoes as there are many paths, boardwalks and staircases to get great views of the cliffs and monoliths.
- Please note that itineraries are subject to change without notice.
- Children can accompany adults on this tour but only those over the age of 18 can consume alcohol. The legal drinking age in Australia is 18 years, please carry a relevant ID.
- No prams or strollers permitted.
- The tour operator reserves the right to use other high-quality wineries and gourmet locations if regular locations are for any reason unable to accommodate groups for tastings.
- Infant seats (0-3 years) or a child booster seat (4-8 years) is provided free of charge. Please note we have a limited number of child seats available each day and they must be pre-booked.
- Go West Tours reserves the right to alter fares, inclusions, and vehicles, use other accredited tour operators during peak season, and may cancel tours in unforeseen circumstances.
- Tour operation or alterations to itineraries may occur due to road or weather conditions, natural disasters, strikes, public holidays, accommodation availability, and/or other factors. The company gives no guarantee as to the exact arrival or departure times of tours as circumstances beyond our control may influence this.
- Go West Tours must be advised of any medical conditions or physical disability requiring special attention before the tour. Failing to advise us, may result in us refusing to accept the booking. We may also refuse to travel if we feel that the tour chosen is not suitable without a suitably qualified companion.
- *Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator before 48 hours of your chosen activity date. Guest cancellations within 48-24 hours to tour departure will incur a 50% loss of the tour fare. Guest cancellations within 24 hours of tour departure or failure to take up a tour for any reason will result in 100% forfeiture of the tour fare. No refunds will be made for any absence from the tour.
Frequently Asked Questions for Yarra Valley Gourmet Tour
- Can I bring luggage on board the bus?
The touring vehicles have minimal storage space, so any more than a small day pack is undesirable. Large bags, prams & strollers cannot be stored on board. If you need to bring along any more than this, please be sure to let the tour operator know at the time of booking, as it may be necessary to purchase an extra seat to accommodate your luggage.
- Is much physical activity involved?
A moderate level of physical mobility is required.