Hobbiton Express Tour from Auckland
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Don't forget your cameras for this unforgettable trip to Middle Earth!
Enter the magical world of ‘the Shire’ on this day tour to the Hobbiton movie set as seen in 'The Lord of the Rings' and 'The Hobbit'. See 44 hobbit holes including Bilbo's 'Bag End' house and enjoy a complimentary drink at the Green Dragon Inn.
Our guide to Hobbiton Express Tour from Auckland
Embark on a magical journey through Middle-earth to the Hobbiton Movie Set from "The Lord of the Rings"and "The Hobbit" films on this easy-going day trip from Auckland.
Travel south from Auckland over the Bombay Hills to the rich farmland of the Waikato region where the undulating green hills are sure to remind you that you're approaching 'the Shire'.
On arrival at Shire’s Rest, get your camera ready as you embark on a walking tour of the Hobbiton movie set. This location is the largest “green set” in the world and the only part of the set remaining in New Zealand.
See 44 hobbit holes, the Mill and double arch bridge, the party tree and more. You will also get a chance to take a photo at the gate to Bilbo’s “Bag End” house, looking out over the whole set to the hills in the distance.
The tour concludes with a visit to the Green Dragon Inn where you will enjoy a complimentary ale, cider or ginger beer, after which, tuck into a sumptuous buffet lunch fit for a Hobbit.
Daily, year round, except Christmas Day.
Approximately 8.5 hours.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Hobbiton Express Tour from Auckland
- The precise itinerary is subject to change depending on local conditions.
- As there is some walking involved, this tour is not suitable for wheelchairs.
- Please wear suitable outdoor clothing and comfortable walking shoes.
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled prior to your holiday departure date. No refunds are given for cancellations made post departure.
Frequently Asked Questions for Hobbiton Express Tour from Auckland
- What should I wear and bring?
Suitable outdoor clothing and comfortable walking shoes. Dress according to the weather for that day.