Waitomo Caves and Hobbiton Movie Set from Auckland
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
First explore the Waitomo Glowworm Caves and be entranced by the thousands of twinkling lights in the glowworm grotto. Then visit the Hobbiton Movie Set, the filming location of the village of Bilbo Bagins and his fellow hobbits in ‘The Lord of the Rings’ movie trilogy.
Our guide to Waitomo Caves and Hobbiton Movie Set from Auckland
Depart Auckland and travel through lush Waikato farmland to the small village of Waitomo, where you will partake in a guided tour through the Waitomo Glowworm Caves with its amazing stalactites, stalagmites and other limestone formations.
Journey south through lush rural farmland to the Hobbiton Movie Set, hidden on private farmland near the town of Matamata. Here, the village of Hobbiton was carefully created in amazing detail as a film location for the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit movie trilogies.
During your guided tour of this amazing location you'll see sights like Hobbit holes, the Mill and the Green Dragon Inn, and learn how farmland was transformed into a living, breathing piece of Middle-earth. After exploring Hobbiton, tuck into a delicious lunch at the Green Dragon Inn.
At the world famous Waitomo Glowworm Caves, take a 45-minute guided tour through impressive underground caverns and learn how stalactites, stalagmites and other limestone structures were formed over millions of years.
Your tour includes a boat ride through the Glowworm Grotto - glide silently along an underground river as you gaze at the twinkling glowworms overhead. After visiting Waitomo and Hobbiton, return to Auckland.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Waitomo Caves and Hobbiton Movie Set from Auckland
- Itinerary subject to change without warning.
- If the Waitomo Caves tour cannot operate, a free upgrade to the Ruakuri Cave will be provided subject to availability. If the Ruakuri upgrade is provided, the Waitomo Caves portion is non-refundable.
- If the supplier doesn't pick-up from your hotel they will advise the nearest pick-up point. Guests will have to make their own way to this location.
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled prior to your holiday departure date. No refunds are given for cancellations made post departure.