Welcome to Barcelona City Tour: Old Town, Historic Port and Cathedral Rooftop
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Dive into the story of Barcelona with this introductory tour to the medieval city center; the perfect way for first-time visitors to get acquainted with the city. Following an extensive itinerary that packs a lot into to a short amount of time and takes you to places where others don’t, you’ll see some of Barcelona’s most beloved sights.
Our guide to Welcome to Barcelona City Tour: Old Town, Historic Port and Cathedral Rooftop
Your tour starts next to the famous Boqueria Market, where you will meet your guide and go straight to the spot where Barcelona began; the center of the old city. The Ancient Romans established a city here 2,000 years ago and you’ll be surprised by how much of those original structures still exist. Passing huge fragments of the old Roman wall, step into the Plaza Nova to see a mural by Picasso and the Barcelona Cathedral.
Inside the beautiful Barcelona Cathedral - and after skipping any lines with your special access tickets! - you’ll enjoy a fully guided tour of the impressive space, before making your way up to the rooftop where majestic views over the city await.
Next, your guide will lead you into the narrow side-streets of the city for a tour of the historic center. Although this is one of the most vibrant and historically-rich parts of the city, many visitors don’t know what to look for when they explore, or which spots are the most important. Enjoy a carefully crafted route that showcases the best of this small area, weaving together a rich tapestry of stories from across 2,000 years of history.
Along the way, follow in the footsteps of a martyr; explore the old Jewish Ghetto; get some architectural history in a square that used to be the favorite of Antoni Gaudí; and even see where Barcelona’s official executioner lived.
Every street, plaza and point of interest on this tour is intimately connected with the story of Barcelona. From its beginnings as a small outpost of the Ancient Roman Empire, through its consolidation as a regional capital, and all the way to the early 20th-century flowering and 1992 Olympics that turned it into the beautiful cosmopolitan city that it is today. Since you’re touring with a local guide, you’ll also get some insight into modern politics, including Catalonia’s quest to gain independence from Spain.
For travelers visiting Barcelona for the first time, this tour - with its passionate local guide and small group of 15 people or fewer - is the perfect way to familiarize yourself with the city and develop the sort of local knowledge that will set you up for the rest of your stay. There is no easier, or more enjoyable, way to begin your vacation in Barcelona.
March - October
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Welcome to Barcelona City Tour: Old Town, Historic Port and Cathedral Rooftop
- You will receive a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
- Itinerary subject to change without notice.
- Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.
- Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate guests with mobility impairments, wheelchairs or strollers on this tour.
- Cancellation Policy: A full refund will be given on cancellations made more than 72 hours prior to tour commencement. Cancellations received within 72 hours prior to the tour are non-refundable. We will, however, do our best to reschedule you for another tour. Please note, this is subject to availability and price changes.
- Tours depart precisely at the scheduled tour start time. If you show up late or cannot find the meeting point, for any reason, refund requests are not honoured per policy. For most tours, it is not logistically possible to join the group after it has started.