Luxury Ocean Spirit Cruise to Michaelmas Cay
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
First class experience!
Board your luxury 5-star catamaran for an exhilarating journey across the Great Barrier Reef to stunning Michaelmas Cay, a tropical sand island surrounded by magical coral gardens and teeming with an abundance of marine life.
Our guide to Luxury Ocean Spirit Cruise to Michaelmas Cay
After a 2 hour motorised sail onboard the 32-meter sailing Catamaran, Ocean Spirit, you will arrive at the picturesque Michaelmas Cay where there is so much to see and do.
Enjoy snorkelling in the cay’s protected shallow waters, try an introductory scuba dive in the fringing reefs, cruise in the semi-sub for a diver’s view of the reef, watch the fish feeding presentation, observe the birdlife or just chill out on Ocean Spirit’s spacious decks or the beach.
Throughout the day, the “beach buggy shuttle” will transfer you between Ocean Spirit and the beach.
To protect this renowned bird sanctuary, access on the cay is limited to the roped beach area. If you prefer a more leisurely day on the Great Barrier Reef, relax on the beach or on board Ocean Spirit’s spacious decks. The choice is yours!
8.30am; check-in is between 7.30am and 8.00am.
Around 8.5 hours with 4 hours on the Reef.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Luxury Ocean Spirit Cruise to Michaelmas Cay
- If you did not select hotel transfer, please make sure to check-in at the Ocean Spirit counter inside the Reef Fleet Terminal (1 Spence Street in Cairns) 1 hour before your departure time.
- On very rare occasions, services can be subject to the effect of weather or unforeseen circumstances. Should a cruise not operate for any reason passengers will be offered an alternative day or a refund authorised.
- Those wishing to dive will be required to fill out a medical questionnaire onboard before diving. Certain medical conditions and medications may preclude some people from diving. It is recommended a wait of 12 hours but preferably 24 hours if doing multiple dives, before ascending to an altitude of 300 metres or greater. Snorkelling can be a strenuous activity. Please use caution and inform the crew of any medical conditions. The minimum age for diving is 12 years.
- Bring along a towel, sunscreen, hat, swimwear and camera to capture your memories. Limited underwater digital cameras are available to hire on board.
- An Environmental Management Charge of $7.00 is levied on all adults and children 4 years and over entering the Great Barrier Reef World Heritage area. This charge is included in the above prices.
- With fluctuations in world oil prices, it may be necessary to apply a fuel surcharge to your ticket price. In such cases, any charge will be collected on departure.
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled before your holiday departure date. No refunds are given for cancellations made post-departure.
Frequently Asked Questions for Luxury Ocean Spirit Cruise to Michaelmas Cay
- How do I check in before departure?
Please check in at the Great Adventures counters inside the Reef Fleet Terminal (1 Spence Street in Cairns) 1 hour before your departure time.
- Will I get seasick?
Hopefully not. The large, stable fast catamarans provide very good sea keeping even in rougher ocean conditions. Where there is motion, whether a car, bus, plane or boat, some people will suffer from motion sickness. Motion sickness tablets are available onboard for purchase. There are also ginger tablets as a natural alternative motion sickness medication on a complimentary basis. To be effective, motion sickness medications should be taken immediately on boarding.
- Do you supply life jackets?
Life jackets are onboard for emergency use only. However, flotation/buoyancy vests are available for use whilst swimming or snorkelling.
- What is the temperature of the water?
The warm waters of Tropical North Queensland range in temperature from 22-29 Celsius (75-85 Fahrenheit) and make for year-round comfort for water activities.
- Is Michaelmas Cay suitable for young children?
Yes! As Michaelmas Cay is a shallow sandy cay area, it is perfect for children and families. Guests are only allowed in the allocated area on the island which makes it easy to keep an eye on children whilst they are playing on the island. The water is quite shallow so it is also suitable for children swimming off the cay