Small Group Florence in a Day with David, Duomo, Uffizi & Walking Tour
- Free cancellations*
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Discover the best of the best on an epic 5-hour voyage through the most jaw-dropping art, architecture and historical intrigue that the city has to offer. From Bernini’s world-changing Duomo and Michelangelo’s divine David, to the hallowed halls of Italy’s most popular art museum, the Uffizi, this tour will leave you with no doubt as to why Florence is one of the world’s most dazzling cities.
Our guide to Small Group Florence in a Day with David, Duomo, Uffizi & Walking Tour
If you only have one day to see all the top attractions in Florence, this Florence In a Day Tour will get you to all there - in the company of some of the best guides in the city.
Start your day by meeting the most famous marble sculpture in history - Michelangelo’s incomparable David. You’ll skip the long lines at the Accademia Gallery and walk straight into a life-changing masterclass on the sculpture. Think you know it because you’ve seen it a thousand times in pictures? Think again: David holds secrets you can only understand when you see him in person and in the company of one of our expert, English-speaking guides. You’ll also get to see Michelangelo’s unfinished ‘Slaves,’ and, with the help of your guide, get new insights into his tortured artistic process.
Next you’ll head to another stone structure that changed world history - Florence Duomo. As you admire the Dome from outside you’ll hear the story of how its architect Brunelleschi recovered lost knowledge and expanded the realm of what was deemed humanly possible all in his pursuit of building it.
Your tour then continues through the winding streets and art-stren piazzas with your local guide, learning about Ponte Vecchio brisgw, Piazza Della Signoria sculptures and more, After a break for lunch, reconvene for a tour of the Uffizi Gallery, skip the line and follow a specially crafted itinerary through its corridors for a true understanding of art histort. As you move through the rooms, your guide will be able to demonstrate the development or artistic styles from Medieval times to the Renaissance and after
This is more than just a tour, it’s a voyage through time that will make you appreciate all that it took to bring the visual arts out of the dark ages and into the modern world. In an intimate group of 15 people or fewer you will have unparalleled access to your expert, English-speaking, guide. With plenty of time to ask all those questions that you can’t find in books, this is the perfect way to immerse yourself in the fascinating world of Renaissance art.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Small Group Florence in a Day with David, Duomo, Uffizi & Walking Tour
- You will receive a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
- Itinerary subject to change without notice.
- Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.
- This tour has a maximum capacity of 20 guests (19 people from March 2020)
- Accademia and Uffizi have priority lines, lifts and ramps for guests with disabilities. Wheelchairs can be provided at the museums, but we must be advised this at time of booking. Please also note the walking tour includes sidewalks and pebbled streets, which can make if difficult for wheelchair users.
- This tour ends inside the Uffizi Gallery. After the tour ends, spend as much time inside the museum as you would like, applying your newly-acquired knowledge to one of the world’s greatest galleries.
- Pleas note: guests can only carry small handbags inside the Accademia. Larger backpacks and big pointy umbrellas are not allowed. Please also note there is no cloakroom inside the Accademia Gallery.
- *Cancellation Policy: A full refund will be given on cancellations made more than 72 hours prior to tour commencement. Cancellations received within 72 hours prior to the tour are non-refundable. We will, however, do our best to reschedule you for another tour. Please note, this is subject to availability and price changes.
- Tours depart precisely at the scheduled tour start time. If you show up late or cannot find the meeting point, for any reason, refund requests are not honoured per policy. For most tours, it is not logistically possible to join the group after it has started.