The Golden Circle & Lava Tunnel
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
This combination tour takes you to the Golden Circle Direct & the Lava Tunnel Raufarhólshellir cave. Experience a new world of Iceland's natural wonders.
Our guide to The Golden Circle & Lava Tunnel
Start the day witnessing the inner workings of a volcanic eruption, walking the path of lava that flowed thousands of years ago. The lava tunnel is one of the biggest in Iceland and can reach up to 30 metres wide and 10 metres high. In the past the ceiling of the lava tube caved in near the entrance, creating beautiful columns of light along the tunnel walls from the sunlight above. These fantastic ranges of colours are caused by the light hitting different mineral types in the rock wall.
On the tour you get to experience and sense the forces of nature like you have never done before. Learn new things and step out of your comfort zone. Scenes from the Hollywood movie Noah, with Anthony Hopkins, were shot in this lava cave.
The next part of the tour takes you to three of Iceland’s most stunning sights; Gullfoss waterfall, Geysir geothermal area and Þingvellir National Park.
The Geysir geothermal area boasts spouting springs, including Strokkur, the most active geyser in Iceland. All geysers in the world get their name from the now mostly dormant Geysir hot spring, from which the area also gets its name. At Gullfoss you are given the opportunity to stand next to the amazing waterfall, watching enormous quantities of water tumble violently into a deep, meandering gorge.
Picks up from most hotels and guesthouses in Reykjavik
November to August 2023
9.00am with hotel pick-ups from approximately 30 minutes prior to that time.
Approximately 9 hours.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for The Golden Circle & Lava Tunnel
- In the event of inclement weather, road closures or other causes which may impact your hotel pick-up, you will be advised of the nearest collection point. It is the customer's responsibility to be at this location in order to be collected.
- Please remember to dress warmly and wear sturdy footwear.
- You will receive a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
- You will be required to present a printed copy of your voucher at the time of tour departure.
- Pick-up from hotels and guesthouses starts 30 minutes before the tour departure time. You will be advised of specific times upon reconfirmation locally.
- Returning from your tour, you will be dropped off at the pick-up point you were collected from or at the closest possible point.
- CANCELLATION POLICY: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator up to 72 hours before your chosen activity date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours