Reykjavik Sightseeing and Golden Circle Afternoon
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
The best of Iceland!
Combine two tours into one as you see the sights of Reykjavik in the morning before exploring some of Iceland’s natural phenomena in the afternoon including hot springs, waterfalls and the country’s best known historical site.
Our guide to Reykjavik Sightseeing and Golden Circle Afternoon
The morning tour visits the most significant places in and around Reykjavik, taking in the presidential residence at Bessastaðir, Hafnarfjörður - the town where the “hidden people” and humans live together in harmony (don't forget your camera for the picturesque old fishing harbour!), the viewing platform at Perlan, and Höfði house - where the all-important summit between former U.S. President Ronald Reagan and former U.S.S.R. Secretary General Mikhail Gorbachev took place in 1986.
You then visit Hallgrímskirkja church and the old town centre where the Icelandic parliament Alþingi and the town hall are situated before seeing the sports and recreation area in Laugardalur, with its geothermally heated outdoor swimming pool and sculptures crafted by Ásmundur Sveinsson. The tour takes a break in the city centre where passengers are dropped off to take a stroll or have lunch (not included in the price).
After the break, you join the Golden Circle Afternoon tour and head for the countryside to the National Park Þingvellir - renowned for its historic legacy and geological intrigue. Gaze in wonder at the magnificent Gullfoss waterfall, before viewing Geysir – a hot spring erupting from below the Earth’s crust. This is thought to be the oldest known geyser and one of the best examples of this phenomenon in the world. Eruptions here can throw hot water up to 60 meters into the air but can be infrequent, however nearby is the Strokkur geyser which is a much more reliable source of eruptions, usually propelling hot water into the air every 5 to 10 minutes.
Daily, year round except 24 Dec.
9:00am, hotel pick-ups commence 30 minutes before the tour start time.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Reykjavik Sightseeing and Golden Circle Afternoon
- In the event of inclement weather, road closures or other causes which may impact your hotel pick-up, you will be advised of the nearest collection point. It is the customer's responsibility to be at this location in order to be collected.
- You will receive a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
- You will be required to present a printed copy of your voucher at the time of tour departure.
- Pick-up from hotels and guesthouses starts 30 minutes before the tour departure time. You will be advised specific times upon reconfirmation locally.
- Please note you will be collected from your hotel and taken to the Gray Line Iceland depot to wait for the rest of your group to arrive/be collected. Depending on hotel locations etc. this can sometimes take 15-45 minutes. Once everyone is present, your tour will depart.
- Returning from your tour, you will be dropped off at the pick-up point you were collected from or at the closest possible point.
- *CANCELLATION POLICY: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator up to 72 hours before your chosen activity date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours.
- As COVID regulations change frequently and at short notice, it is your responsibility to ensure that you have checked the requirements that Iceland has put in place so that all visitors have a safe and enjoyable experience.