Northern Lights by SuperJeep
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
This Northern Lights tour takes you in a SuperJeep from Reykjavik, far from the city lights, to observe this fascinating natural phenomenon also known as Aurora Borealis. Given clear skies and a little bit of luck, sightings can occur from autumn through to spring.
Our guide to Northern Lights by SuperJeep
The elders say that the harsher the nights frost, the more intense the colours will be. Swirling and swaying overhead, displays are usually greenish-yellow but white, red and pink lights can also appear.
The Northern Lights SuperJeep tour is dependent on the weather and sky conditions, so we reserve the right to cancel at any time.
If the evening tour goes ahead and the Northern Lights are not seen, we will offer you the chance to go on another night for free.
So make sure you book your Northern Lights SuperJeep tour for your first night in town in order to maximise your chances of sightings. Please note that the size of your group can grow if weve had to cancel several nights in a row due to weather.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Northern Lights by SuperJeep
- In the event of inclement weather, road closures or other causes which may impact your hotel pick-up, you will be advised of the nearest collection point. It is the customer's responsibility to be at this location in order to be collected.
- Children have to be under 12 years of age and only one child per adult.
- The Northern Lights can only be seen on clear nights, therefore the tour operator reserves the right to cancel this tour if the evening sky is heavily clouded or weather conditions are not favourable. In this event they will do their best to reschedule you for a different date. However, if this is not possible DoSomthingDifferent will refund you in full upon your return home.
- If the tour does commence sightings cannot be 100% guaranteed. If unsuccessful, you will be offered the opportunity to go again as many times as you wish (to be arranged locally) but refunds cannot be given if the Northern Lights still aren't sighted.
- The vehicles used normally seat a maximum of 6-10 passengers.
- Hotel pick-up is available from most centrally located hotels. If your hotel isn't on the pick-up list, a convenient nearby pick-up point will be advised.
- It is important to understand that in Iceland you can experience all four seasons in less than one day. It is vital to wear comfortable and appropriate clothing like waterproof, walking shoes, dress in layers to be able to enjoy your journey to the fullest.
- You will receive a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled prior to your holiday departure date. No refunds are given for cancellations made post departure.