Montserrat with Cog-Wheel Train, Sagrada Familia & Park Guell
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Discover the essence of Barcelona's iconic landmarks with our Montserrat, Sagrada Familia, and Park Güell tour. An unforgettable journey through the best of Catalan art and architecture awaits.
Our guide to Montserrat with Cog-Wheel Train, Sagrada Familia & Park Guell
Board a coach from the office in Barcelona to the magical mountain of Montserrat. Famous for its peculiar morphology, its name comes from the Catalan words Mont (mountain) and Serrat (serrated). World-famous for its rocky geography, Montserrat beautiful scenery was declared National Park in 1987 to protect its natural and cultural wealth.
You will travel up to Montserrat with the cogwheel train. Follow your local guide through the site and learn about the history and architectural style of the Monastery. A community of 80 monks currently lives and follow the rule of Saint Benedict in Montserrat. Fall in love with the Gothic and Renaissance details of the basilica and sanctuary. Learn about the legend of the miraculous apparition of the Black Madonna and Child in the cave of Santa Cova. To this day, their woodcarving is kept in the Church of the monastery, which you will be able to visit. The figure is popularly known as La Moreneta (The Black Madonna) as a result of a varnish reaction.
Besides the main area, there are a great number of small churches and trails you can follow. You will be given free time to explore.
Between both parts of the tour, you will have free time for lunch (not included). After the lunch break, meet your experienced tour guide at the office for the Sagrada Familia guided tour.
Discover the ultimate must-see landmark in Barcelona. Learn about the history and significance of Sagrada Familia by the hand of your local guide. Marvel at the astonishing interior, rich in symbolism inspired on natural wonders. Walk freely around the nave whilst listening to your guide’s explanations of Gaudí’s masterpiece on your headsets.
Board an air conditioned coach for a short trip to the Park Güell, located in the upper part of the city. Enjoy a guided tour of the Park and discover why it is one of the most emblematic works by Gaudí. Wonder at the magnificent skills of Gaudí and its organic style, displayed all over the park.
Get back on the bus for a short ride to Paseo de Gracia. Accompanied by your guide, you'll take a walking tour along this important street in Barcelona, where you'll find two important works of Gaudí: La Pedrera and Casa Batlló, where we'll end the tour, just 10 minutes walking from Plaza Cataluña.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Montserrat with Cog-Wheel Train, Sagrada Familia & Park Guell
- This activity will have a maximum of 30 travellers per guide.
- This tour operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Please note this activity includes walking long distances. Wear appropriate attire.
- The tour company reserves the right to change the itinerary or cancel the tour due to events being celebrated in the city or force majeure reasons.
- The Sagrada Familia reserves the right to refuse admission. At the entrance, visitors will have their bags, rucksacks, luggage and personal items checked.
- The site is a Catholic Church. A dress code is required to enter to the venue. All men and women should have their shoulders and knees covered at all times. Hats, barefeet, flip-flops, see-through clothing, plunging necklines and exposed backs or bellies are strictly prohibited.
- The guide will have one ticket for the whole group, so all must enter together. Late arrival to the meeting point will result in the loss of the tour.
- Please check the schedule for the facilities you wish to visit at the site.
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the supplier 72 hours prior to the tour date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours of tour date.