10% Savings on Alcatraz
Save 10% on the 2 Day Hop-on Hop-Off & Alcatraz Tour when travelling during the quieter months of the year!10% Savings on Alcatraz
Premium One Day Big Bus Tours Ticket with Alcatraz
4.8 stars: Based on 4 reviews via
Alcatraz is sure to be the highlight of your visit to San Francisco...
A trip to San Francisco wouldn’t be complete without a visit to Alcatraz! This great value package combines a stop at the world-famous island prison with a One-Day hop-on/hop-off bus tour that has 20 stops, ensuring you make the most of your visit to this magnificent city.
Our guide to Premium One Day Big Bus Tours Ticket with Alcatraz
Spend a day hopping on and hopping off an open-top bus and enjoying the attractions that can be found at the 20 stops around the city. Your bus tour is fully guided and a great way to learn about the history of the city’s famous landmarks.
This combo ticket includes a guaranteed ticket to Alcatraz Island where you will discover the fascinating history of the prison that held some of the most notorious criminals in American history!
Ticket Highlights include:
- One Day Hop-on Hop-off Big Bus Ticket
- Alcatraz Ferry and Island Tour
- Panoramic Open Top Night Tour
- One Hour FREE Bike Rental with the purchase of 1 Hour
- Chinatown Walking Tour
Hop on board a Big Bus Double Decker Bus and experience the best views of San Francisco's distinctive landmarks and delve into its fascinating history.
The route takes you from Fisherman's Wharf to the Golden Gate Bridge and you can hop-off at any of the stops allowing you to explore at your own pace before hopping back on to the next bus.
Among the highlights you will see Fisherman's Wharf, North Beach, Haight/Ashbury, Golden Gate Park and the California Academy of Sciences, North Vista Point for amazing views of the Bay, Palace of Fine Arts, Lombard Street and Union Square.
Please see the San Francisco Hop-on Hop-off Bus Tour for further details of the bus ticket and additional inclusions.
A visit to Alcatraz is high up on the must-do list when visiting San Francsico and the Alcatraz & San Francisco Hop-on Hop-off Bus Tour Combo Ticket includes guaranteed ferry ticket to Alcatraz Island and an audio tour of Alcatraz Prison.
Explore the former home of notorious criminals such as Al "Scarface" Capone, and the "Birdman" Robert Stroud. The history of this legendary prison is brought to life by the real life voices of the correctional officers and inmates who lived on the island during the infamous Federal Penitentiary era. Hear about escape attempts, ‘The Battle of '46’, food riots, and surviving solitary confinement.
Your ferry ticket for Alcatraz will be confirmed for the date you request at the time of booking, but the actual time will not be advised until you exchange your voucher in San Francisco. The self-guided audio tour gives you the flexibility to stay on the island as long as you like.
Average 4.8 out of 5 (4 customer reviews)
Used them before, got more than we thought there was a bus to Sausalito included from the Golden gate bridge as part of the tour
Paul Elliott reviewed 26 Aug,2019
Tickets worked fine and very straight forward. Only down side was walk to Alcatraz and bus terminals where you redeem tickets was long walk from our hotel. Alcatraz excellent, audio walk through was very informative. Can be long que to get on ferry. Big red bus tour excellent saw all the sites, went over Golden Gate. Just make sure you take some warm clothes with you can get very cold on tour. San Fransico does tend to be colder than surrounding areas( so be warned).
Gary Saunders reviewed 07 May,2019
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Premium One Day Big Bus Tours Ticket with Alcatraz
- Once booked your tour is 100% non refundable
- It is advisable to book this ticket well in advance of your planned visit to Alcatraz which usually sells out in advance.
- The date you select when booking is the date of your Alcatraz visit.
- Due to limited availability, you MUST collect your Alcatraz ticket before 9am on the day of your tour, if you are late, you could miss your tour and refunds will not be provided. Your ferry ticket for Alcatraz will be confirmed for the date you request at the time of booking, but the actual time will not be advised until you exchange your voucher in San Francisco.
- You must provide names of ALL guests and the age of any guests under 18 years.
- The one-day hop-on hop-off bus segment of the ticket can be used at any time and does not have to be used on the same day as the Alcatraz visit.
- Your hop-on/Hop-off bust ticket is valid for one day. The first bus departs at 9:00am from Fisherman's Wharf and buses run at regular intervals (every 10-30 minutes depending on the time of year) throughout the day.
- Bus Tours do not operate on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
Frequently Asked Questions for Premium One Day Big Bus Tours Ticket with Alcatraz
- How do I arrange my Alcatraz vist?
The date you select when booking this ticket is the day which you intend to visit Alcatraz (please note: the hop-on, hop-off bus section can be used at any time). On the day of your scheduled Alcatraz visit, you MUST collect your offical Alcatraz ticket before 9am from the San Francisco Visitor Centre (99 Jefferson St) - if you are late, you could miss your tour and refunds will not be provided. While your ferry ticket for Alcatraz will be confirmed for the date you request at the time of booking, the actual time will not be advised until you exchange your voucher in San Francisco.
- Do I have to visit Alcatraz and use the hop-on hop-off bus ticket on the same day?
No - while the day you select when booking is for the Alcatraz section of this ticket, the hop-on hop-off bus ticket can be used at any time.
- What time do tours start and how often do buses run?
The first bus departs at 9:00am from Fisherman's Wharf and run at regular intervals (every 10 - 20 minutes depending on the time of year).
- What is the child policy?
A child ticket is available for children aged between 5 and 15 years. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Children aged under 4 may travel free of charge if accompanied by a dedicated adult.