Madrid Highlights and Skip the Line Royal Palace Tour
- Pay in instalments
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Enjoy some of Madrid's best known and best loved landmarks!
Your morning starts with a Madrid sightseeing tour introducing you to the city's history and taking in some of the best known and best-loved sites. Afterwards, head to Madrid's Royal Palace, skip the often huge entrance queues and explore one of the most beautiful and best-preserved palaces in Europe.
Our guide to Madrid Highlights and Skip the Line Royal Palace Tour
Discover the culturally diverse character of Madrid on this panoramic sightseeing bus tour of the city’s highlights which includes a handful of stops and plenty of photo opportunities.
But first, enjoy an hour-long walking tour of the historic district taking sights such as the Plaza Mayor and the Puerta Del Sol. Then embark on your half-day panoramic bus tour, complete with a local guide, that taking in all of Madrid's must-see sights. We will depart from Plaza de Oriente, and head to the lowest section of the city, next to the Manzanares River, where we will have a great view of the Royal Palace and the Almudena’s Cathedral.
Then we will go to the Hapsburg’s quarter where we will see the highlights of the Madrid downtown such as Plaza de la Villa and Puerta del Sol.
By bus we will pass through some of the five ancient gates that gave access to the city, among them Puerta de Alcalá is the most famous one. The gate has a neoclassical style that looks like the Roman Triumph Arches. From the bus we will continue seeing many important places such as Plaza de Neptuno, Paseo del Prado, Plaza de Cibeles and Las Ventas bullring, where we will stop for a few minutes. The tour will also take in the Santiago Bernabeu stadium Please note, if the weather permits, the itinerary includes convenient stops to rest and take pictures at Plaza Mayor, Debod’s Temple and Las Ventas Bullring. These will always be accompanied by your guide.
Continue to Madrid's Royal Palace where you will enjoy skip-the-line access and a fascinating guided tour. Built in the 18th century on the site of an ancient alcassar (Arab-fortress) in the classical Italian baroque style, the Royal Palace is one of the most beautiful and best preserved palaces in Europe.
You will visit the Armory Square (exterior of the palace), the Grand Staircase, the King Charles III’s Apartments, the Queen’s Apartments, the Banqueting Hall, the Royal Chapel and the Throne Room and the Crown Room.
After the guided tour, you may visit on your own the Royal Armory and enjoy the views from the viewpoint of the Armory Square.
Around 4 hours.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Madrid Highlights and Skip the Line Royal Palace Tour
- Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the supplier 72 hours prior to the tour date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours of tour date.
- Comfortable shoes are recommend for this tour.
- The tour is bilingual and will be run in English and Spanish.
- Your tour finishes outside the Royal Palace.
- Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour begins.
- Please note that the itinerary is subject to change due to the events to be celebrated in the City (demonstrations, sport events, cultural events, oficial acts and public works).
- Please note photography and filming are not permitted inside the exhibitions.