Madrid Hop-on Hop Off Double-Decker Bus Tour
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
The easiest way to explore Madrid!
With unlimited hop-on/hop-off opportunities, the Madrid Vision Double Decker Bus routes take in all the leading city attractions and is a great way to explore Spain's capital at your own pace.
Our guide to Madrid Hop-on Hop Off Double-Decker Bus Tour
Enjoy views of Madrid from the top of an open-air bus whilst listening to the onboard audio commentary - the Madrid Vision bus tour combines two routes around the city stopping at over 30 attractions along the routes.
You can hop-on and off the buses as often as you please, enabling you to explore the attractions at your own pace before boarding the next bus to continue with your tour.
This is a great way to see all the best known and best loved sights Madrid has to offer and the two routes are interconnected so you can easily cross from one to another.
Blue Route (full loop - 90 minutes)
This route focuses on the historical part of Madrid. Philip III and Philip IV enlarged and embellished the city but the Bourbons brought new cultural and architectural tastes. It is to them that Madrid owes the spectacular Royal Palace, the Paseo del Prado and the Puerta de Alcalá. A drive down the Gran Vía, the capital's most important road during the first half of the last century, offers insight into its unique architectural diversity and outstanding examples of the Belle Epoque, such as the Casino de Madrid and the Palace Hotel.
- Blue Route stops: Museo del Prado, Puerta de Alcalá, Barrio de Salamanca, Plaza de Colon, Plaza de Cibeles, Gran Vía, Plaza de España, Templo de Debod, Teatro Real, Palacio Real, Puerta de Toledo, San Francisco el Grande, Catedral Almudena, Plaza Mayor, Puerta del Sol, Círculo Bellas Artes, Museo Thyssen, Museo Reina Sofia, Jardin Botanico
Green Route (full loop - 70 minutes)
This route focuses on the modern part of Madrid which saw huge expansion in the 19th century. The Salamanca neighborhood was built and became a residential area with the site of the first bourgeois homes. Also developed was the Paseo de la Castellana, where the city's palatial mansions give way to modern skyscrapers of great architectural value. These structures are testaments to Madrid's position as one of Europe's most cosmopolitan, attractive and modern cities.
- Green Route stops: Plaza de Neptuno, Plaza de Cibeles, Plaza de Colón, Museo de Esculturas, Museo de Ciencias Naturales, Nuevos Ministerios, Santiago Bernabéu, C.S.I. Científicas. Museo Lázaro Galdiano, ABC Serrano, Museo Arqueológico, Puerta de Alcalá, Puerta del Sol, Las Cortes.
Daily, year round.
Buses run from 9.00am to 10.00pm, March to October; 10.00am to 06.00pm November to February.
Tickets are valid for 1 or 2 days depending on the option chosen.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Madrid Hop-on Hop Off Double-Decker Bus Tour
- The buses run every 7-15 minutes depending on the season, ensuring you never have long to wait for the next bus to come along.
- The blue route departs and ends at Prado Museum and the green route starts and ends at Plaza Neptuno.
- You can begin your hop-on hop-off tour at any of the Madrid City Tour stops by showing your voucher when getting on board.
- Madrid City Tours busses are wheelchair accessible with an access ramp at the back door.
- Children aged 6 and under travel FREE.
- Entrance fees to attractions are not included.
- Free cancellation outside of 24 hours. Less than 24 hours or No Show 100%.
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled prior to your holiday departure date. No refunds are given for cancellations made post departure.
Frequently Asked Questions for Madrid Hop-on Hop Off Double-Decker Bus Tour
- How long does each route take?
The blue route takes about 80 minutes and the green route takes about 65 minutes.