Met Opera - Madama Butterfly
Puccini's devestating tradegy!
- Free cancellations*
- Instant confirmation
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Enjoy this opera in the most sublime surroundings!
Madame Butterfly is an opera by Giacomo Puccini, which tells the story of a young Japanese geisha named Cio-Cio-San who falls in love with an American naval officer named Pinkerton. The opera explores themes of love, betrayal, and cultural clash, and is known for its beautiful arias, including the famous "Un bel dì vedremo."
Our guide to Met Opera - Madama Butterfly
Three extraordinary sopranos—Aleksandra Kurzak, Eleonora Buratto, and Asmik Grigorian (in her highly anticipated Met debut)—tackle the demanding role of Cio-Cio-San, the loyal geisha at the heart of Puccini’s devastating tragedy.
Tenors Matthew Polenzani and Jonathan Tetelman co-star as the callous American naval officer Pinkerton, whose betrayal destroys her. Mezzo-sopranos Elizabeth DeShong and Eve Gigliotti share the role of the steadfast maid Suzuki, and baritone Davide Luciano and Lucas Meachem are the American consul Sharpless. Acclaimed maestro Xian Zhang makes her Met debut conducting Anthony Minghella’s vivid production.
Theatre: Metropolitan Opera House 30 Lincoln Center Plaza New York, NY 10023
Audience: Recommended for Adults and Teens
Duration: Approximately 3 hours including one 30 minute intermission.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Met Opera - Madama Butterfly
- All Met Opera Tickets are guaranteed in the section of the theatre selected when booking, with seats allocated by the box office at the time of booking on a best available seat basis
- Seats are allocated by the box office on a best available seat basis.
- All Met Opera bookings will be seated together.
- You will receive an instant information voucher confirming your reservation, the performance time, the theatre location, plus all other important details relating to your tickets.
- Digital tickets will be emailed directly closer to the performance date. Simply present your digital ticket(s) on your smartphone for admission to the show (or print a copy of your tickets if not in possession of a smartphone).
- Tickets cannot be amended or cancelled within 14 days prior to the performance date.*
Frequently Asked Questions for Met Opera - Madama Butterfly
What is the Met Opera's production of Madama Butterfly about?
Discover the captivating storyline and themes behind the Met Opera's rendition of Madama Butterfly, offering insights into the emotional journey of the characters.
Clothing & Accessories
How do you dress for the Metropolitan Opera?
While there is no dress code at the Met, we recommend comfortable clothing appropriate for a professional setting. Attendees tend to dress more formally for Galas or openings of new productions, but this is optional.
Will my tickets be posted to my home address?
No, we will not send hard tickets to your home address. Attraction Tickets Direct will confirm your seats with the theatre box office and you will receive a voucher confirming your reservation, the performance time ,the theatre location, plus all other important details relating to your tickets. Your tickets will be available at the box office from one hour prior to the start of the performance. This ensures that the tickets do not go missing in the post and you do not have the worry of misplacing the tickets on receipt.