Guided tour of the Palace of Versailles
3.3 stars: Based on 3 reviews via
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
One of the most famous historic monuments in the world, the Palace of Versailles was the official residence of the Kings of France Louis XIV, Louis XV and Louis XVI.
Our guide to Guided tour of the Palace of Versailles
Versailles is a striking example of the grandeur of classical French architecture and your guided tour will take you through the Great Royal Apartments, the Queen’s Apartments and the stunning Hall of Mirrors.
The Palace of Versailles has more than 700 rooms and stretches for over 721,000 square feet. Follow your guide straight to the front of the line to visit the palace's most beautiful rooms: the King's Grand Apartments, with seven rooms dedicated to different gods (Apollo, Mars, Mercy, Venus, etc.), and the Queen's Grand Apartments, mirroring those of the king, which include the Coronation Room and the Queen's Bedroom, once occupied by Marie Antoinette, among others.
Also, admire the grandeur of the Versailles Hall of Mirrors, a unique room in which guests were received and impressed, designed by the famous architect Jules Hardouin-Mansart. Almost 240 feet-long, it was created to dazzle visitors to the Sun King, Louis XIV; it is lit by 17 windows and some 350 mirrors, and overlooks the palace's breathtaking gardens, the second part of your visit.
In 1661, Louis XIV commissioned the landscape architect André Le Nôtre to lay out the grounds and gardens, something that was just as important to the king as the construction of the palace itself. Enjoy your free time strolling through the Gardens of Versailles and admire the 386 works of art (including more than 200 statues), fountains, flower beds, ponds, and trees.
2 Rue des Pyramides, 75001. The nearest Paris metro is Palais Royal.
8.15am or 2.00pm
Around 4.5 hours including the drive from Paris City Centre.
Tuesday to Sunday
8.15am or 2.00pm.
Approximately 4.5 hours.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Guided tour of the Palace of Versailles
- Tours depart 2 Rue des Pyramides in central Paris. You must make your own way to the meeting point. The nearest Metro station is Palais Royal or Pyramides.
- Entrance to the Gardens of Versaille is not included in the summer when the fountains or the Musical Gardens are playing. This affects afternoon visits on Saturdays and Sundays during April to October plus Tuesdays on 24 May to 28 June. Additional dates may be added without notice.
- Not recommended for people with walking difficulties.
- Pushchairs are not permitted inside the Palace of Versailles.
- Once booked tickets are non refundable.