Jökulsárlón Day Tour by SuperJeep
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
This excursion allows you to spend a magnificent day devoted to the wonders of Iceland‘s south shore, including the awe-inspiring glacial lagoon, Jokulsarlon and Skaftafell National Park. You'll be travelling in Land Rover Defenders, in groups of no more than eight (including your driver) and all vehicles come equipped with Wifi.
Our guide to Jökulsárlón Day Tour by SuperJeep
Travel by 4WD on a super Jeep excursion following the picturesque southern coastline passing the villages of Selfoss, Vik and Kirkjubaejarklaustur as well as Skogafoss, a mighty and much photographed waterfall on the south coast.
Continue through the vast desert of Skeidararsandur, an area which can be prone to sand storms. Many of Icelands biggest glacial rivers run into the Atlantic Ocean off the south shore and each year they carry millions of tons of black volcanic sand, constantly altering the shape of the coastline and creating vast black deserts. Just before reaching the lagoon, drive pass Oraefajokull glacier, home to Icelands highest peak, Hvannadalshnjukur, at 2119 m.
Jokulsarlon is a stunning glacial lagoon that is constantly changing as the massive glacier tongue retreats. Icebergs of all shapes, sizes and in many hues of blue, turquoise and white, break off from the glacier and float around the lagoon. You will have time to walk the shores of the lagoon to admire the surreal shapes and take time to photograph the lagoons wonderful, mirror-like reflections. For an even closer view, you can go on a cruise aboard an amphibious vessel and sail amongst the oddly-shaped ice formations. Jokulsarlon is a natural wonder that has to be seen to be believed. This may be one of the longest day tours from Reykjavik but it is also one of the most highly recommended.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Jökulsárlón Day Tour by SuperJeep
- There is no overall maximum groupsize as such but each vehicle used normally seats a maximum of 6 passengers.
- Note that the itinerary is subject to weather and road conditions.
- In the event of inclement weather, road closures or other causes which may impact your hotel pick-up, you will be advised of the nearest collection point. It is the customer's responsibility to be at this location in order to be collected.
- Warm clothes and sturdy shoes are recommended as the terrain can be rough underfoot.
- A minimum of two passengers are required in order for the tour to operate.
- A child rate is available for children under 12 years old.
- You will receive a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled prior to your holiday departure date. No refunds are given for cancellations made post departure.