South Coast & Eyjafjallajokull by SuperJeep
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
This South Iceland Super Jeep tour takes you to a diverse landscape of lush farmland, glaciers, dramatic sandy coastline and striking waterfalls. High bird cliffs will satisfy birdwatchers, while history buffs will enjoy old fishing villages along the coast.
Our guide to South Coast & Eyjafjallajokull by SuperJeep
Don't forget your camera for this scenery-friendly tour which will take you to some of the areas that were directly affected by the 2010 eruption of the now dormant Eyjafjallajökull volcano.
After being collected from your hotel, head out through Iceland's often stark but mesmeric countryside to the south of the country where the towering Eyjafjallajökull awaits.
When it erupted in 2010 this sprawling volcano caused mass disruption across European airspace affecting around 10 million travellers in the process. These days, its stunning surrounds make it a fascinating place to visit.
You will see the beautiful Seljalandsfoss - one of the best-known waterfalls in Iceland - behind which a path allows you to walk, followed by the mighty Skógafoss waterfall which is equally photogenic.
Then, walk and drive on black sand beaches pounded by the Atlantic surf and explore the rocky cliffs that surround the quaint coastal village of Vík, which are teeming with birdlife in spring and summer.
On the way home, you'll drive past the greenhouse town of Hveragerði, a place named after the abundant geothermal activity in the area which allows the locals to grow all kinds of plants and produce in row upon row in greenhouses.
The sights on this Iceland South shore Tour are impressive, and exploring them in a Superjeep makes the experience even more memorable.
Please note: In the event of inclement weather, road closures or other causes which may impact your hotel pick-up, you will be advised of the nearest collection point. It is the customer's responsibility to be at this location to be collected.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for South Coast & Eyjafjallajokull by SuperJeep
- Itinerary subject to change depending on local conditions, weather etc.
- Hotel pick-up is available from most centrally located hotels. If your hotel isn't on the pick-up list, a convenient nearby pick-up point will be advised.
- Transport is by Land Rover Defender, all modified with big wheels and equipped with GPS, first-aid kits and other sorts of security equipment.
- There is no overall maximum group-size as such but each vehicle used normally seats a maximum of 6 passengers.
- A minimum of two passengers is required for the tour to operate.
- You will receive a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
- It is important to understand that in Iceland you can experience all four seasons in less than one day. It is vital to wear comfortable and appropriate clothing like waterproof, walking shoes, dress in layers to be able to enjoy your journey to the fullest.
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled before your holiday departure date. No refunds are given for cancellations made post-departure.