Tastes & Traditions of Barcelona Food Tour
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Explore Barcelona through its dynamic food and culture as you taste your way through 7 family-run businesses specialising in the dishes and products that make Barcelona unique.
Our guide to Tastes & Traditions of Barcelona Food Tour
Begin your day like the locals do – at one of the most beloved food markets in the city. At the Santa Caterina Market, the stalls have been kept within families for generations – which means they know a thing or two about quality, local produce! Make your way through these enticing stalls as you learn about local traditions and customs. Of course, two tastings are included along the way: one of delicious Spanish cheeses and the other of cured meats, including jamón ibérico!
Breakfast, anyone? It’s time to pop over to one of the market’s most popular bars where locals often stop for breakfast and lunch during a busy day of shopping. You’ll be treated to breakfast the Catalan way – with a glass of sparkling cava along with an array of specialty sandwiches made with spinach tortilla and spicy Mallorcan sausage.
It’s time to explore one of Barcelona’s most storied neighborhoods. El Born might be home to trendy tapas bars and designer boutiques, but it’s also a prime example of the rich history still on view across Barcelona. As you make your way down the narrow medieval streets, you’ll hear fascinating stories from your expert guide that will put what you see before you into context.
Founded in the mid-19th century, your next stop is one of the city’s classic bakeries. It’s not only a portal into the past but a treasure trove of delicious baked goods. Their croissants, widely regarded as the best this side of the Pyrenees, are a must try! You’ll also see an example of one of Barcelona’s specialty shops – one of the last in existence – and try three of their best-selling products.
For a different perspective of Barcelona, you’ll make your way to another iconic neighborhood: La Barceloneta. Peruse some of the most interesting corners of this seaside district before gaining an education in the art of the Spanish aperitif! A glass of delicious vermouth awaits at a local bodega where you’ll also get to try one of Barcelona’s tastiest tapas: the bomba. Fittingly, this neighborhood is also considered its birthplace!
The final stop of the tour is a traditional Spanish lunch. Sequestered in the fishermen’s district, this spot has been serving locals since the 1950s and continues to deliver some of the best iterations of classic fare. Try some of the best seafood paella in town made using seasonal ingredients and paired with a delightful local wine.
You’ll come away from this experience with a unique understanding of Barcelona’s food culture and how it has been shaped.
Mercat Santa Caterina, Barcelona, Spain, ES
3 hours and 30 minutes
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Tastes & Traditions of Barcelona Food Tour
- You will receive a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
- Itinerary subject to change without notice.
- Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- The tour covers breakfast and lunch.
- Due to the risk of gluten cross-contamination, this tour is not adaptable for those with celiac disease.
- We do not recommend this tour for vegans.
- This tour is adaptable for: Vegetarians, Pescatarians, Gluten free (not celiacs), Dairy free, Non-alcoholic options & Pregnant women. If you have a dietary requirement or food allergy, please note it when booking.
- Guests with serious food allergies will need to sign an allergy waiver at the start of the tour
- We can acommodate gluten free but cannot guarantee that were will be no risk of cross contamination in the case of celiacs.
- Meeting time is 15 min before the tour star time to check in. If a guest is more than 5min late, they should go to first stop (stated in confirmation email).
- Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate guests with mobility impairments, wheelchairs or strollers on this tour.
- Cancellation Policy: A full refund will be given on cancellations made more than 72 hours prior to tour commencement. Cancellations received within 72 hours prior to the tour are non-refundable. We will, however, do our best to reschedule you for another tour. Please note, this is subject to availability and price changes.