Jökulsárlón Glacial Lagoon
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
With the enormous and ancient icebergs breaking off from Vatnajökull glacier, Jökulsárlón Glacial Lagoon is a natural wonder of Iceland that you absolutely cannot miss.
Our guide to Jökulsárlón Glacial Lagoon
The Jökulsárlón Glacial Lagoon produces a feeling of incredible tranquility as the 1000-1500 year old ice silently drifts into the lake and slowly melts away.
Covering 18 square kilometres (7 square miles) and reaching more than 248 metres (814 ft) at its deepest point, you may recognize the lagoon from scenes in Batman Begins, Tomb Raider and two James Bond movies.
On the way, you will also stop at the gorgeous Seljalandsfoss and Skógafoss waterfalls.
Seljalandsfoss is part of the Seljandsá river, which has its origins in Eyjafjallajökull glacier. What makes Seljalandsfoss so famous and interesting is that you can walk behind it. (bring either a raincoat or a waterproof coat along if you want to walk behind it)
Skógafoss, another famous Icelandic waterfall, is the starting point of the Fimmvörðuháls walk over to Þórsmörk. The waterfall was also used in the films Thor: The Dark World and The Secret Life of Walter Mitty.
Finally, there's a dinner stop at Vík í Mýrdal (not-included) to recharge the batteries - from there you can walk to the black sand beach and see the Reynisdrangar rock formations.
- Picks up from most hotels and guesthouses in Reykjavik or make your own way to the BSI Bus Terminal.
- Monday, Wednesdays & Saturdays, year round.
- 14 hours
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Jökulsárlón Glacial Lagoon
- You will be required to present a printed copy of your voucher at the time of tour departure.
- Pick-up from hotels and guesthouses starts 30 minutes before the tour departure time. You will be advised specific times upon reconfirmation locally.
- Returning from your tour, you will be dropped off at the pick-up point you were collected from or at the closest possible point.
- Remember to bring warm clothing, rain gear and sturdy shoes.
- Children MUST be aged 1 year old and weigh a minimum of 9kg to participate on this tour. Babies younger than 1 year old (under 9 kg) are only safe in baby car seats that require 3-point seat belts, which cannot be provided. and you can not bring your own car seat. Child´s car seats for children 9 – 18 kg approx. (1 – 3 or 4 years old) will be provided. Children aged 3 or 4 years and older (over 18 kg) can use the normal seat belts on the bus.
- CANCELLATION POLICY: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator up to 72 hours before your chosen activity date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours.
Frequently Asked Questions for Jökulsárlón Glacial Lagoon
Why is Jökulsárlón glacier Lagoon famous?
Jökulsárlón glacier Lagoon is most known for its icebergs. Some of the icebergs can be several stories tall!