Melbourne City Discovery Tour
- Free cancellations*
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Book now and uncover the wonders of Melbourne!
Uncover the vibrant and cosmopolitan allure of Melbourne, a city enriched with iconic landmarks, vibrant street art, charming laneways, and a picturesque waterfront. Immerse yourself in its flourishing arts scene, world-class cuisine, nightlife and all whilst savouring panoramic views of this culturally rich destination.
Our guide to Melbourne City Discovery Tour
Join us on a journey to discover the reasons behind Melbourne's prestigious title as "The World's Most Liveable City," as awarded by The Economist Magazine for an impressive seven years in a row.
With a vibrant population exceeding 4 million, Melbourne has undergone a remarkable transformation since its early days as a hub of the gold rush in the 1850s. Today, it stands tall as a city that commands admiration and is on track to become Australia's most populous urban center.
There is so much to see in this diverse city with historical buildings, world-renowned gardens and markets, Australia’s best art museums, multiculturalism, an exciting food scene, sporting stadiums, a lively downtown café scene and the best shopping arcades in the land.
Allow us to provide you with an immersive experience that showcases why Melbourne holds such esteemed regard.
Join your experienced guide as they take you to see some of these remarkable locations:
- Lygon Street – Melbourne’s Little Italy and the home of the city’s famed coffee culture.
- Royal Exhibition Building – UNESCO protected and surrounded by the Carlton Gardens.
- Sports Precinct – See Australia’s biggest stadiums and learn all about our original game of Australian Rules Football.
- St Patrick’s Cathedral – Built from bluestone and sandstone, St Patrick’s Cathedral is a leading example of Gothic-revival architecture.
- Royal Botanical Gardens – Home of rare and beautiful plants, breathtaking landscapes and iconic buildings. Visit the Ornamental Lake during a stop here.
- Federation Square – Melbourne’s central square with its modern Architecture, surrounding Flinders St Station & St Paul’s Cathedral.
- St Kilda – Melbourne’s most popular beach-side suburb including Luna Park, the St Kilda Pier, Catani Gardens & the famous Esplanade Hotel. Travel along Port Phillip Bay to view mansions, historic sea baths and Luna Park’s eye-catching rides in this beautiful seaside suburb.
- Albert Park – expansive parklands & sporting fields as well as the location of Melbourne’s Formula One Grand Prix circuit.
- The Shrine of Remembrance – Victoria’s spectacular national war memorial. Built to honour the men and women of Victoria who served in World War I, it now serves as a memorial to Australians who served in global conflicts throughout our nation’s history. Walk to the top to see stunning views of Melbourne.
- Melbourne’s Arts Precinct – One of the great creative and cultural destinations in the world including the National Gallery of Victoria, Victorian College of the Arts & Hamer Hall.
Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays year-round from outside the Melbourne Immigration Museum at the corner of Flinders Street & Market Street, Melbourne. This tour does not operate on 25th December.
Departure time is 9:00am from April – September and 10:00am from October - March
Around 3.5 hours.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Melbourne City Discovery Tour
- This tour uses smaller air-conditioned buses, allowing access to many areas not available to the larger coaches as well as providing a personal touch with the benefits of a small group environment.
- There is a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 24 persons on each departure.
- Please note that itineraries are subject to change without notice.
- No prams, strollers, luggage or large bags are permitted onboard the touring vehicles due to a lack of appropriate storage space.
- Infant seats (0-3 years) or a child booster seat (4-8 years) are provided free of charge. Please note we have a limited number of child seats available each day and they must be pre-booked.
- This tour picks up from a single departure location (from outside the Melbourne Immigration Museum at the corner of Flinders Street & Market Street, Melbourne), so hotel pick-ups are not included.
- Please bring appropriate footwear & clothing for walking, snacks and a water bottle.
- Go West Tours reserves the right to alter fares, inclusions, and vehicles, use other accredited tour operators during peak season, and may cancel tours in unforeseen circumstances.
- Tour operation or alterations to itineraries may occur due to road or weather conditions, natural disasters, strikes, public holidays, accommodation availability, and/or other factors. The company gives no guarantee as to the exact arrival or departure times of tours as circumstances beyond our control may influence this.
- Go West Tours must be advised of any medical conditions or physical disability requiring special attention before the tour. Failing to advise us, may result in us refusing to accept the booking. We may also refuse to travel if we feel that the tour chosen is not suitable without a suitably qualified companion.
- *Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator before 24 hours of your chosen activity date. Guest cancellations within 24 hours of tour departure or failure to take up a tour for any reason will result in 100% forfeiture of the tour fare.