THE DOWNTOWN EXPERIENCE New York City
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
A Sightseeing Tour with Virtual Reality
THE DOWNTOWN EXPERIENCE Powered by THE RIDE is a brand new multimedia 90-minute historical adventure exploring Downtown Manhattan’s most notable landmarks and neighborhoods. Enhanced with the advanced technology of our partner Timelooper, THE DOWNTOWN EXPERIENCE with be highlighted by the magic of Virtual Reality allowing visitors to travel back in time and re-live iconic moments in history.
Our guide to The Downtown Experience
Using the same luxury buses as THE RIDE and THE TOUR, you’ll tour Downtown Manhattan in a completely new way on our multi-million dollar vehicles with theatre-style, side facing seating & floor-to-ceiling glass windows offering panoramic views! THE DOWNTOWN EXPERIENCE is the first sightseeing tour to incorporate a fully-integrated virtual reality experience!
Sit comfortably and enjoy fun, original and informative music and video pieces that support our Storyteller’s deeply researched historical narrative of Downtown Manhattan and it’s rich and diverse history from its earliest inhabitants to its rebirth and revitalization after September 11th, 2001. See locations and iconic landmarks include South Street Seaport, Brooklyn Bridge, Governor’s Island, Battery Park, New York Harbor & Ellis Island, Battery Park City, One World Trade Center & One World Observatory, Wall Street and more!
At certain key moments throughout the journey, the storyteller will ask the audience to put on their virtual reality headsets. You’ll witness full- scale, 360 degree reenactments of some of New York City’s most iconic moments as if you’ve travelled back in time. Lift your imagination out of your seat as you 'virtually' take the lift in the One World Observatory, experience Black Tuesday 1929, participate in George Wahsington's Inaugural and much more!
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for THE DOWNTOWN EXPERIENCE
- CHILD POLICY: THE DOWNTOWN EXPERIENCE is suitable for kids ages 6 and up. However, please be advised that certain content may not be appropriate for children. You never know what might happen on the streets of New York! Children under the age of 6 are not allowed on the bus.
- Food and drinks are not allowed on THE DOWNTOWN EXPERIENCE
- THE DOWNTOWN EXEPERIENCE is not wheelchair accessible and you will need to climb stairs to enter.
- Exchange your voucher for a ticket at the bus parked on 200 Water Street at least 15 minutes prior to your boarding time
Frequently Asked Questions for THE DOWNTOWN EXPERIENCE
- Does THE DOWNTOPWN EXPERIENCE happen in bad weather?
Yes, THE DOWNTOWN EXPERIENCE takes place in all kinds of weather except for the occasional blizzard or hurricane. If either of those weather occurrences do happen, we will be in touch by phone or email.
- Can I hop on and off like other bus tours?
THE DOWNTOWN EXPERIENCE is not a bus tour through New York, it’s an entertainment experience that highlights Lower Manhattan. So, hopping on or off THE DOWNTOWN EXPERIENCE would mean you’d miss a huge part of the experience. Not to mention you’d probably really hurt yourself hopping on or off the tallest vehicle allowed on the streets of New York by federal law!
- Are there seat belts on the bus?
Just like a regular tour, city or private charter bus, there are no seat belts on THE DOWNTOWN EXPERIENCE. And you’ve heard about NYC traffic, right? We don’t go fast enough to warrant seat belts.
- Is there a bathroom on the bus?
Sorry, there are no bathrooms on the bus.
- How do I collect my ticket?
Simply exchange your Attraction Tickets Direct voucher for THE DOWNTOWN EXPERIENCE in the queue at the bus on 200 Water Street.