Skip The Line Doge's Palace Tour
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Enjoy an in-depth tour of the must-see Doge's Palace...
Explore the lavishly decorated rooms and chambers of Doge's Palace, a superb example of Gothic architecture which has stood the test of time to become Venice's most famous landmark and the representative symbol of the city's rich culture.
Our guide to Skip The Line Doge's Palace Tour
Visiting Doge's Palace should be an absolute must for anyone visiting Venice as this historic building is the key to understanding the city and its inimitable form and longevity.
After skipping the long queues to get in, equipped with complimentary headphones, you'll be able to hear all the detailed commentary of your expert English-speaking guide as you explore its interior.
Within its walls, the Doge and his counsellors governed the city and created the most modern and liberal state in Europe. The open architecture and grand public rooms are a testimony to the immense power and immense wealth of the Republic.
Learn about the Venetians unique form of government, the role of the Doge and his councillors, along with the infamous council of ten and the radical social programs that existed in Medieval Venice that made it one of most liberal states in Europe. You will also have a chance to see the notorious torture chambers and prisons reserved for enemies of the state.
Be entertained by tales of mystery and intrigue such as Casanova’s legendary escape from the Doge's Palace and stories of other characters who played their role in the history of such a magnificent city that evolved from very humble origins.
Cross the Bridge of Sighs and learn how it got its name, explore the old prisons, and, as you tour the Palace, discuss its style of architecture that exemplifies the unique Byzantine Gothic style that’s only found in Venice and reflects a city that neither belonged to the west nor the east.
By the end of the tour, you’ll understand why the Venetians only allowed one building in Venice to be called a Palace.
Varies - see calendar.
Around 2 hours.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Skip The Line Doge's Palace Tour
- You must arrive 10 minutes before the scheduled departure time.
- Unfortunately, this tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities.
- At times, Doge's Palace close without notice. No refunds are available as these events are beyond our control.
- A minimum of 8 people is required for the tour to operate. If the minimum numbers are not reached on your chosen date you will be offered an alternative date or a full refund.
- Maximum of 20 people per guide.
- *CANCELLATION POLICY: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator up to 72 hours before your chosen activity date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours.