Early Access Crown Jewels: Tower of London Complete Tour with Opening Ceremony
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
See the Crown Jewels without the crowds and enjoy a fully guided tour of one of the most spectacular medieval castles in Europe on this VIP visit to the Tower of London. With skip the line, early entrance, you’ll get to watch the famous Opening Ceremony before being among the first into the Jewel House to see the Crown Jewels.
Our guide to Early Access Crown Jewels: Tower of London Complete Tour with Opening Ceremony
Your tour starts with skip the line, early entrance into Tower where, standing inside the Traitor’s Gate with a small group of fellow visitors, you will watch an ancient military ceremony that officially opens the tower every day.
After a quick introduction from the Yeoman Warders who guard the palace, you will stroll straight into the Jewel House and be among the first people to see the Crown Jewels. There are no crowds, so after you guide tells you what to look out for, you can take your time and soak in one of the most dazzling collections of riches in the world.
Your guide will meet you back out in the courtyard and then lead you on a full tour of the Tower of London. Start with the site where many a royal head was removed on the old execution block and learn the poignant stories behind the deaths of people like Anne Boleyn and Sir Walter Raleigh.
Then head up to the Bloody Tower to see where Sir Walter Spent 13 years of his life and down into the basements where enemies of the crown were tortured in a dungeon that contains examples of actual medieval torture devices.
After a walk along the walls, which includes a peek inside the restored bedroom of Edward l (a must for medieval history enthusiasts), a chance to meet the Tower’s resident ravens and get an archers’ eye view out over the old moat, you step into the castle keep, or White Tower, for a full tour of a wonderfully-preserved Norman castle. The inside is full of Swords, armor, and royal regalia. so as you visit each room, your guide will take you back in time to when England was still ruled by kings and queens. Some of it is pretty romantic, but you may be surprised how difficult and brutal life was.
The guided portion of your experience ends in the White Tower, but you will be given time at the end to see some of the areas you did not visit, like the Beauchamp Tower and the Fusiliers Museum.
This is the most exclusive way to see the very best parts of the Tower of London with an expert guide. Given that lines into the Jewel House can run for an hour or more on busy days, having them all to yourself is one of the most spectacular experiences in London.
Varies, please see calendar.
Around 2 Hours 45 minutes.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Early Access Crown Jewels: Tower of London Complete Tour with Opening Ceremony
- Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory.
- Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no-shows after tour commencement or departure.
- Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate guests with mobility impairments, wheelchairs or strollers on this tour.
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended.
- You will receive a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
- Itinerary subject to change.
- Please note that for security reasons bag searches will take place at Tower of London.
- Cancellation Policy: A full refund will be given on cancellations made more than 72 hours prior to tour commencement. Cancellations received within 72 hours prior to the tour are non-refundable. We will, however, do our best to reschedule you for another tour. Please note, this is subject to availability and price changes.
- Tours depart precisely at the scheduled tour start time. If you show up late or cannot find the meeting point, for any reason, refund requests are not honoured per policy. For most tours, it is not logistically possible to join the group after it has started.