Empire State Building General Admission Ticket
4.7 stars: Based on 40 reviews via
New York's most iconic attraction!
Empire State Building is New York City’s most recognisable and celebrated attraction and with a real ticket in hand you can skip the long ticket queue and head straight to the security check and elevator. Ascend to the 86th Floor Observatory for some of the best 360° panoramic views of Manhattan and beyond.
Our guide to Empire State Building General Admission Ticket
The World’s Most Famous Building is a must-see for its Observatory’s spectacular indoor and outdoor 360-degree views from the heart of Manhattan.
Be transported while immersed in the rich history as you journey through this Art Deco masterpiece including the landmarked Fifth Avenue lobby and murals.
Open daily from 8 a.m. to 2 a.m., along with a gift shop filled with exclusive items, there are eight in-building dining options including the contemporary cuisine of STATE Grill and Bar and Tacombi, an authentic taqueria.
Located at the center of it all, the Empire State Building is an easy walk from Times Square and just steps to Macy’s, Madison Square Garden and Penn Station.
You will be sent an open-dated Empire State Building Observatory Ticket which can be redeemed at any time during your stay in New York, giving you the flexibility to plan around the weather and visit at any time of your choosing.
Your Empire State Building Observatory Ticket will enable you to move directly past the ticketing and voucher redemption queue at the entrance. However, you will still need to join the line for the elevator and mandatory security check.
The elevator line can be long at peak times (normally 11.00am to 1.00pm, and one hour before and after sunset). If you wish to avoid the crowds, we recommend you visit outside these times.
Departure Location: The Empire State Building Observatory entrance is located at 20 West 34th Street (between 5th and 6th Avenue).
Departs: The Empire State Building Observatory is open daily, year round.
Start Times: 8.00am to 2.00am. Last elevator to the top goes at 1.15am.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Empire State Building General Admission Ticket
- Your Empire State Building Observatory Ticket will enable you to move directly past the ticketing and voucher redemption queue. However, you will still need to join the line for the elevator and mandatory security check.
- The Empire State Building Observatory Ticket is open-dated and can be used at any time on your holiday.
- The Empire State Building Observatory Ticket does not include access to the 102nd Floor Observatory (these tickets can only be purchased at the Empire State Building itself. Current price $20 per person).
- A free multimedia tour APP is included with every admission to the Empire State Building. Download the APP for free from either the Apple Store or Google Play, or connect once on-site via the free Wi-Fi. The self-guided multimedia tour app is available in 9 languages
- Once downloaded, this ticket cannot be cancelled, refunded, exchanged or used in conjunction with any other offer. Please keep your ticket safe as, if this is lost, it cannot be replaced.
Frequently Asked Questions for Empire State Building General Admission Ticket
- Do I need to book a date or time when I visit the Empire State Building?
No, you will be sent an open-dated barcoded gate ready Empire State Building Observatory Ticket – simply turn up at the time and date that suits your itinerary and the weather!
- How do I receive my tickets?
Your gate ready ticket voucher will be available to download as soon as your booking is paid. All you need to do is present your ticket on your mobile phone, or print at home before arriving at the attraction.
- Will I need to queue to get into the Empire State Building?
With your barcoded gate ready Empire State Building Observatory Ticket in hand, you can bypass the main ticket/voucher line. This will typically save you up to 30 minutes waiting time. You will still need to queue to pass through security and for the elevator which will take you to the 86th Floor Observatory. Avoid peak times to keep the queuing time to a minimum - these are 11.00am to 1.00pm and one hour before and after sunset. Best time to visit is before 9.00am or after 11.00pm.