Empire State Building Admission Ticket
4.7 stars: Based on 22 reviews via
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
New York's most iconic attraction!
Empire State Building is New York City’s most recognisable and celebrated attraction and with a gate-ready ticket in hand you can skip the long ticket queue and head straight to the security check and elevator. Ascend to the 86th Floor Observatory for some of the best 360° panoramic views of Manhattan and beyond.
Our guide to Empire State Building General Admission Ticket
The World’s Most Famous Building is a must-see for its rich history, distinct Art-Deco style and world-famous Observatory offering spectacular 360-degree views from the heart of Manhattan.
New York’s most iconic attraction soars to nearly 1,500 feet above Manhattan and has featured in numerous Hollywood productions including King Kong, An Affair to Remember and Sleepless in Seattle. The Empire State Building's 86th Floor Observatory offers some of the best 360° panoramic views of Manhattan and Beyond – on a clear day you can see for almost 80 miles, with five states in view - New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Connecticut and Massachusetts. The Observatory has a heated, glass-enclosed area, which is surrounded by an outdoor open-air terrace, equipped with high-power binoculars.
In addition to the amazing observatory, your Empire State Building Tickets also give you access to the newly-opened, reimagined Empire State Building Galleries . This walk-through, hands-on museum experience offers a glimpse into the building's unique history and mystique. Explore the following exhibits : The Site in the 1920s, Construction, Opening Day, Otis Elevators, World’s Most Famous Building, King Kong and Celebrity.
If all the above is not enough for you then look out for the newly opened 80th Floor Observatory. Opened in late 2019, here you can enjoy the 360 degree views from the indoors via the building's historic viewfinders, experience films from the archives and create your own personalised and digitalised Big Apple itinerary with the all new 'NYC: Above & Beyond' exhibit.
You will be sent a flexible, open-dated Empire State Building Observatory Ticket which can be redeemed at any time during your stay in New York, allowing you to plan around the weather and visit at any time of your choosing. Visit during the day and see the New York in all its glory or for a more romantic experience, visit at night and see the illuminated city sparkle.
With a gate-ready Empire State Building Observatory Ticket in hand, move directly past the ticketing and voucher redemption queues at the entrance. However, you will still need to join the line for the elevator and mandatory security check. The elevator line can be long at peak times (normally 11.00am to 1.00pm, and one hour before and after sunset). If you wish to avoid the crowds, we recommend you visit outside these times.
Located at the heart of NYC , the Empire State Building is an easy walk from Times Square and just steps to Macy’s, Madison Square Garden and Penn Station. The entrance can be found at 20 West 34th Street (between 5th and 6th Avenues).
Opening Hours (subject to change)
- July: 8:00AM-11:00PM, last elevator up 10:15 PM
- August: 8:00AM-12:00AM, last elevator up 11:15 PM
- September onwards: 8:00AM-11:00PM, last elevator up 10:15 PM
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Empire State Building General Admission Ticket
- To help control capacity, all guests must pre-book a time slot before visiting the Empire State Building Observatory. You will be sent an open-dated barcoded gate-ready Empire State Building Observatory Ticket – simply follow the instructions on your ticket to book your time slot on your chosen date. Time slots are subject to availability, so it is recommended you do this as far in advance as possible.
- Your Empire State Building Observatory Ticket will enable you to move directly past the ticketing and voucher redemption queue. However, you will still need to join the line for the elevator and mandatory security check.
- The Empire State Building Observatory Ticket does not include access to the 102nd Floor Observatory (these tickets can only be purchased at the Empire State Building itself. Current price $30 per person).
- A free multimedia tour APP is included with every admission to the Empire State Building. Download the APP for free from either the Apple Store or Google Play, or connect once on-site via the free Wi-Fi. The self-guided multimedia tour app is available in 9 languages
- Cancellation Policy: Tickets can be cancelled for free until they are downloaded from your customer account. Once tickets have been downloaded, ticket is non-refundable.
Frequently Asked Questions for Empire State Building General Admission Ticket
- Do I need to book a date or time when I visit the Empire State Building?
Yes, to help control capacity, all guests must pre-book a time slot before visiting the Empire State Building Observatory. You will be sent an open-dated barcoded gate-ready Empire State Building Observatory Ticket – simply follow the instructions on your ticket to book your time slot on your chosen date. Time slots are subject to availability, so it is recommended you do this as far in advance as possible.
- How do I receive my tickets?
Your gate ready ticket voucher will be available to download as soon as your booking is paid. All you need to do is present your ticket on your mobile phone, or print at home before arriving at the attraction.
- Will I need to queue to get into the Empire State Building?
With your barcoded gate ready Empire State Building Observatory Ticket in hand, you can bypass the main ticket/voucher line. This will typically save you up to 30 minutes waiting time. You will still need to queue to pass through security and for the elevator which will take you to the 86th Floor Observatory. Avoid peak times to keep the queuing time to a minimum - these are 11.00am to 1.00pm and one hour before and after sunset. Best time to visit is before 9.00am or after 11.00pm.