Golden Circle & Glacier Snowmobiling
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Explore Iceland in style!
Feel the freedom on top of a glacier with a one hour snowmobile ride on Langjökull glacier and take the adventure of a lifetime on the popular Golden Circle tour.
Our guide to Golden Circle & Glacier Snowmobiling
This tour combines the hugely popular Golden Circle tour with the adventure of a lifetime - a one hour snowmobile ride on Langjökull glacier, Iceland's second largest glacier!
First stop is at Þingvellir National Park, a designated UNESCO World Heritage Site which is known for its exceptional beauty and historical importance.
After exploring a selection of the park's most picturesque sites, the next stop is a high-temperature geothermal area known as Geysir which boasts numerous springs spouting hot water.
From there you will drive to Langjökull for the highlight of the itinerary - an exhilarating 1-hour snowmobile ride on the stunning, vast white snowcap.
Finally, on the way back to Reykjavík the tour makes a quick stop at the stunning Gullfoss waterfall.
9:00am, with hotel pick-ups from approximately 30 minutes prior to that time.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Golden Circle & Glacier Snowmobiling
- Although your booking will be confirmed, tickets will not be available to download until 30 days before your visit date.
- In the event of inclement weather, road closures or other causes which may impact your hotel pick-up, you will be advised of the nearest collection point. It is the customer's responsibility to be at this location in order to be collected.
- You will be required to present a printed copy of your voucher at the time of tour departure.
- Price given is per person but is based on two passengers sharing a snowmobile. If there are an odd number of guests, one person will have to ride alone and pay a 'sole rider' fee of 6900 ISK locally.
- If anyone prefers to drive their own snowmobile rather than share then they can do by paying a 'sole rider' fee of 6.000 ISK locally.
- A valid driver’s license is required in order to operate snowmobile. Children must share with an adult driver.
- Minimum age for this tour is 6 years.
- You will spend 2-3 hours outside on this tour in quite remote regions of Iceland, therefore conditions can be more extreme than the city. In the winter months, temperatures can drop to -15 degrees (especially factoring in the wind chill), so you will need to dress accordingly. If you have ski gear we would recommend you wear this. As a minimum though, do ensure you pack waterproof clothes. It is better to have layers with you that you can leave in the jeep, rather than not have them at all.
- Protective clothing and safety equipment for the snowmobile ride are provided.
- Pick-up from hotels and guesthouses starts 30 minutes before the tour departure time. You will be advised specific times upon reconfirmation locally.
- Returning from your tour, you will be dropped off at the pick-up point you were collected from or at the closest possible point.
- Operation of this tour depends on conditions on the glacier. Due to sudden and unexpected weather changes the snowmobile ride might be cancelled after tour's departure from Reykjavík.
- *CANCELLATION POLICY: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator up to 72 hours before your chosen activity date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours.