Auschwitz-Birkenau Guided Tour with Private Transport
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Join your expert guide for a tour of Auschwitz-Birkenau. Discover the history of the former concentration and extermination camp built and operated by Nazi Germany. Learn where more than a million European Jews and other prisoners were confined or killed during World War II and the Holocaust. You will leave with a greater understanding of this traumatic period of history that should never be forgotten.
Our guide to Auschwitz-Birkenau Guided Tour with Private Transport
The Auschwitz-Birkenau complex was Nazi Concentration Camp established in 1940 and throughout the five years of its inglorious operation, over 1 million men, women and children lost their lives here.
Your day starts with private transportation from your hotel in an executive car to Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum. During your journey you will get a chance to watch a documentary about Auschwitz. It will help you feel more prepared before the tour.
On arrival you will join a guided tour with an official Auschwitz guide to explore the original camp (Auschwitz I), as well as the extermination facility (Auschwitz II). Entrance fees are already paid, and you will avoid the queues with special access.
Walk through the same entrance used by prisoners more than 60 years ago and read the same slogan "Arbeit machtfrei" which translates to ’’Work sets one free”. Sarcastic and cruel having known that most of the prisoners never got to experience freedom again.
The Martyrdom Museum was founded in 1947 covering the area of KL Auschwitz (Auschwitz I) in OÅwiÄcim and the Birkenau camp (Auschwitz II) in Brzezinka. It comprises approximately 150 buildings and 300 ruins and the original roads, fences, watchtowers and railway ramps have all been preserved. What's more, the buildings house the collection of original exhibits and documents.
As you explore the gas chambers, crematoriums and exhibition halls inside the old prison blocks, listen closely as your guide sensitively explains the who, how, where, when and why of this haunting place and the key events in its history.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Auschwitz-Birkenau Guided Tour with Private Transport
- All bookings for this tour are on a request basis - please allow 72 hours to confirm this tour.
- Full names of all passengers is required at time of booking.
- The guided tour of Auschwitz is not private - you will join a regular group of visitors upon arrival. Only the transfer element of this trip is private.
- Time slots may change due to guide availability, seasonal variations, road conditions etc.
- Please arrive at the designated pick-up point minimum 5 minutes before the departure time.
- Infants 0-5 years are free of charge, but require a child seat. Please advise at the time of booking if you are travelling with an infant.
- According to Polish law children up to 12 years old or under the height of 1.5m are obliged to travel in baby seat or booster seat. These will be provided free of charge.
- Eating, smoking and photography inside the buildings as well as acting in a loud manner is forbidden at the site.
- Please note that backpacks or handbags brought into Auschwitz cannot exceed the dimensions 30x20x10cm. You can leave bigger luggage in the car that will be locked and supervised by the driver.
- Journey time to Auschwitz from Krakow is just over 90 minutes.
- Taking photos in the buildings with the use of flash is forbidden. You are allowed to take photos only in selected parts of the Museum.
- Minor delays (circa 20 minutes) are possible due to traffic conditions.
- Wheelchair users can visit Auschwitz alongside an assisting person but, please note, the wheelchair must be capable of folding so that it will fit in the vehicle. Also, sightseeing can be difficult due to the historical aspect of the buildings (no driveways, large steps, lots of stairs, pebbly ground etc.) and some parts of Auschwitz are available only through steps.
- Cancellation Policy: Once booked and confirmed no changes are possible. Tickets are non-changeable and non-refundable.
Frequently Asked Questions for Auschwitz-Birkenau Guided Tour with Private Transport
- Is the tour of Auschwitz private?
No, you will join a group for a guided tour when you arrive.