Skyview Observatory Seattle Tickets
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Sky View Observatory at Columbia Center in downtown Seattle is the ideal first stop on your visit to the Emerald City. Here you can map out your entire Pacific Northwest experience: riding the Great Wheel, shopping in Pike Place Market, hiking the Cascades, ferrying to Bainbridge Island, cruising Elliott Bay and exploring the San Juan Islands.
Our guide to Skyview Observatory Seattle Tickets
Sky View Observatory is located on the 73rd floor of Columbia Center. At 902 feet it offers the tallest public viewing area in the Pacific Northwest. The 360 degree panoramic view includes Mt. Rainier, Bellevue, the Cascade Mountains, Mt. Baker, Elliott Bay, the Olympic Mountains, the Space Needle and the city of Seattle.
Developed by Martin Selig, the 76-story, 1.5 million square foot Columbia Center was completed in 1985. Clad in smoked tempered glass and Carnelian granite, the structure boasts 8,800 windows, 2,100 hydronic heat pumps, 48 elevators, and 6 escalators. The many technical innovations required for such a large scale project, such as viscoelastic dampers and triangle shaped bracing, enable Columbia Center to withstand earthquakes and hurricane force winds, making it one of the strongest and safest buildings in the Pacific Northwest.
There are two different types of ticket to choose from:
- Skyview Observatory Tickets: Standard admission, simply turn up at your allotted time
- Skyview Observatory Day & Night Ticket: Same day two time entry ticket to see the Emerald City under the sun and the stars
Daily, year round.
Skyview Observatory opening hours vary throughout the year. Doors usually open at 9am and close at 9pm however this can change for special events and holidays etc.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Skyview Observatory Seattle Tickets
- You must select the date and time you wish to visit the Skyview Observatory. Tickets cannot be used at a different time.
- Once booked and confirmed Skyview Observatory Tickets are non-refundable and 100% cancellation fees will apply.
- You must arrive at least 15 minutes in advance of your designated admission time. Due to high demand, tickets cannot be honoured outside your selected time and date.
- Children under 17 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
- Guests ages 5 and under are admitted free of charge.
- Any professional photo or video equipment is not permitted.
- The hours of operation on 4th July 2018 for Sky Observatory is10 am through 8 pm, 10am to 10pm in the summer months.
Frequently Asked Questions for Skyview Observatory Seattle Tickets
- What are timed tickets?
Your ticket is good for the time and date printed on the ticket. Just arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your entry time, no need to wait on line for entry to the building.
- What if I arrive later than my entry time?
Late arrivals will be accommodated based on capacity. However, you may be required to wait until the first possible open time slot. We strongly encourage you to arrive earlier than your scheduled time to avoid any delays.
- Is Skyview Observatory accessible to guests with disabilities?
One World Observatory – including its exhibits and amenities – are accessible to individuals with disabilities. Guests requiring assistance (e.g., auxiliary aids or services), should contact the Guest Services office at 844-OWO-1776 or Guest Services Desk, in advance of their visit.
- Are push chairs allowed?
Yes, push chairs are allowed but you will be asked to remove your child and fold your push chair up for access to the elevators as well as the escalators within the experience.
- Can I take pictures?
Yes, we encourage all guests to take as many personal photos or video with hand held devices as they would like.
- Is smoking permitted at One World Observatory?
No, smoking is not permitted anywhere within the Observatory including our outside West Plaza.
- We are visiting prior to going to the airport; can we bring our luggage with us?
No, luggage is not allowed in the Observatory. Only bags/backpacks/packages no larger than 25” high x no more than 17” wide and no more than 9″ deep are permitted. There are no lockers or storage capabilities available for personal items.