Whitewater Rush with Helicopter Tour
Visitors to Las Vegas can enjoy a whitewater rafting package with the Hualapai Rivers Runners in a convenient and thrilling day trip!
Our guide to Whitewater Rush with Helicopter Tour
Passengers board an air-conditioned van that will transport them to Hualapai Lodge in Peach Springs, Arizona, where Hualapai River Runners will be on hand to provide transfers to the raft launch site. Passengers then board an eight-person motorized river raft, designed specifically for navigating the Colorado River.
All Hualapai River Runner guides are fully certified and provide fascinating insight into the ever-changing waters of the Colorado River and the west rim of the Grand Canyon. Many of the guides have spent their lives learning the features of the river and are highly skilled at maneuvering the class 4 to 7 rapids guests may encounter along the way.
Each raft will make a stop along the riverbank so that passengers may enjoy a nature hike and lunch. The 5.5 hour whitewater adventure wraps up at Grand Canyon West along the riverbank. Guests will board a helicopter for an exciting flight that ascends 4,000 feet through the canyon and lands at Grand Canyon West airport. After an action-packed day of adventure, passengers will return to Las Vegas with memories to last a lifetime!
Daily, 15th March to 31st October including pick-up from Las Vegas Hotels.
Departure times are around 6am but precise time will be informed at confirmation. Pick up from Las Vegas hotels will commence one hour before departure.
About 14 hours from hotel to hotel.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Whitewater Rush with Helicopter Tour
- Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the supplier 24 hours prior to the tour date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 24 hours of tour date.
- This tour is only available from Las Vegas.
- Advanced reservations are required. Please select your preferred date at the time of booking.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off is available from all hotels located around the ‘Strip’ and Downtown areas of Las Vegas
- Helicopters are very sensitive to weight and weight distribution. As such anyone weighing over 300lbs (21.4 stone/136 kilos) will be charged for an additional tour seat locally and a $200 supplement will be payable upon check-in. All passengers must be weighed at check-in. All weights submitted must be accurate or you may be refused boarding if weights are incorrect.
- Fuel surcharges may apply. Please see tour description for details.
- All passengers wil need government issued forms of identification.
Frequently Asked Questions for Whitewater Rush with Helicopter Tour
- Is there a weight limit for an individual passenger?
Helicopters are very sensitive to weight and weight distribution. As such anyone weighing over 300lbs (21.4 stone/136 kilos) will be charged for an additional tour seat locally and a $200 supplement will be payable upon check-in. All passengers must be weighed at check-in. All weights submitted must be accurate or you may be refused boarding if weights are incorrect.
- What should I bring?
Layered clothing is recommended through the months of March to September, and winter clothing should be worn from October to mid-March. The ground at the Grand Canyon is rough, rocky and uneven, thus it is important to wear sturdy, toe-covering shoes that can handle rough terrain. Sneakers or hiking boots are highly recommended. Don’t forget your camera! Cameras and phones are allowed and encouraged but please be aware that the use of "Selfie Sticks" and extending camera poles is strictly prohibited in and around the aircraft. All passengers booked on this tour must have government issued forms of identification. For Whitewater rafting you will also need some water proof shorts that dry quickly, trainers or river type sandals and a hat.