Sounds of Silence Dinner
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
The best of the Red Centre distilled into four magical hours
Spend an evening dining under a million stars at the award-winning Sounds of Silence Dinner. On this unique, unforgettable experience you'll feast on a delicious 'Bushtucker' buffet while soaking up the atmosphere from your incredible surrounds.
Our guide to Sounds of Silence Dinner
Entered into the Australian Tourism Hall of Fame, Sounds of Silence offers the best of the Red Centre distilled into four magical hours of dining under the mindblowing outback sky.
Your Sounds of Silence experience begins with canapés and chilled sparkling wine served on a viewing platform overlooking the Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park. As the sun sets and darkness falls, listen to the sound of a didgeridoo and join your table for an unforgettable dining experience and an introduction to Aboriginal culture with a traditional dance performance under the outback sky.
The attentive staff will keep your glass full with a quality selection of Australian wine and beer while the first course is served. As the night sky twinkles to life, help yourself to a bush tucker-inspired buffet that incorporates native bush ingredients such as crocodile, kangaroo, barramundi and quandong. Then, settle back and listen to the resident star talker decode the southern night sky.
Locate the Southern Cross, the signs of the zodiac, the Milky Way, as well as planets and galaxies that are visible due to the exceptional clarity of the atmosphere. After dinner, enjoy dessert with a glass of port, tea or coffee before heading back to your hotel having ticked off an unforgettable experience.
Sounds Of Silence 'Bushtucker' Buffet Menu (subject to change)
- Farmhouse pate and quandong marmalade on wattleseed crisp
- Char-grilled kangaroo and river mint on mini toast
- House-smoked crocodile on cucumber with desert lime preserve
- Capsicum mousse and parsley tapenade
- Cold-smoked salmon on wattleseed crisp with dill and creme fraiche.
- Sweet potato and orange soup with Wattleseed damper.
From the Grill:
- Lamb cutlets, native tanami fire spice blend
- Chicken breast, dusted with lemon myrtle, pepperberry sauce
- Grilled barramundi, coconut and lemon aspen dressing
- Caramelised wild kangaroo fillet with native mango and mint marinade
- Cauliflower spinach and sundried tomato salad
- Native mint, red onion potato salad
- Roma tomato, bocconcini and native mint salad
- Crocodile caesar salad
- Garden salad
- Roasted chat potatoes
- Fresh seasonal buttered vegetables
- Jasmine rice
- Desert lime and macadamia cheesecake
- Sliced seasonal fruit
- Quandong apple crumble
- Chocolate rosella fudge cake
- Lemon myrtle pudding with Davidson plum compote
- Dark chocolate sauce Vanilla Anglaise
- Mixed berry coulis
Daily, year round.
Tour departs approximately 60 minutes prior to sunset.
Around 4 hours.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Sounds of Silence Dinner
- You will receive a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
- All guests must be at least 10 years old.
- Tour is subject to availability and weather conditions.
- Tour commences approximately 1 hour before sunset, therefore start time and pick-up times may vary throughout the year. Your exact pick-up time will be advised upon reconfirmation of your tour locally.
- Rock views whilst dining cannot be guaranteed.
- Cancellation Policy: This ticket is non-refundable and non-transferrable within 7 days of the tour.