San Francisco in a Day: Golden Gate Bridge, Chinatown, Fisherman’s Wharf & Scenic Bay Cruise
- Free cancellations*
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
See the very best of San Francisco with a local expert in a single, perfectly planned day
This spectacularly designed day in San Francisco starts near the architecturally pristine Ferry Building, once the busiest port in the world. After wandering through and seeing San Francisco's original port with views of Treasure Island and the Bay Bridge (Yep, that bridge that fell in the 1989 earthquake!), catch an iconic San Francisco Cable Car.
Our guide to San Francisco in a Day: Golden Gate Bridge, Chinatown, Fisherman’s Wharf & Scenic Bay Cruise
Ding! Ding! At the top of Nob Hill learn about the industrial tycoons who helped fund the early city as you wander into Grace Cathedral with its striking Gothic interior and gem of artistic artifacts including a bevy of stained glass windows. Heading back down the hill, it's on to bustling, culturally-soaked Chinatown. As the largest Chinese enclave outside of Asia and the oldest in North America, your personal local will weave you through the most vibrant spaces and lesser-known sites. Take in the small Tin How Temple, peek into a traditional Eastern pharmacy to see the various herbs and medicinal powders, and stop by the legendary Golden Gate Fortune Cookie Factory for insight into the art of fortune cookie making! Not only will you be able to try warm cookies just off the machine, but you will also take home a personalized treat just for yourself!
Whoa! This is great but that fortune cookie made me hungry. It's time to eat! Luckily, you have reached the crossroads of two very different but complementary world cuisines. Take time on your own to get lunch in Chinatown or the thriving Italian district of North Beach. Reconvene with your guide at the doormat of a watering hole beloved by the revolutionary Beat Poets - it's time to get weird and talk about poetry and a bunch of Italians! Explore North Beach with all its delicacies, history, and a little bit of Marilyn Monroe.
It's time to work off a little of your lunch and climb a hill to see Lombard Street, the "most crooked street in the world". Then head down to Fisherman's Wharf for a full ‘behind-the-scenes’ tour. In the Wharf, explore the old docks by taking a local-led route through lesser-visited areas, smell the sourdough at Boudin bakery, and see the sea lions at Pier 39 from a special vantage point. Plus don’t forget your visit to Ghirardelli Square where you’ll sample some world-famous chocolate.
You've made it! But that's not it - your reward is a gorgeous bay cruise on the waters of San Francisco Bay. As your boat works its way to the Golden Gate Bridge with the sun shining on its way west, take in the beautiful views that surround it. Sail past the famed sea lions of Pier 39, under the Golden Gate Bridge (Instagrammers get ready!), and return with a circle around Alcatraz Island, the closest you can get without having a proper ticket. A perfect end to a perfect San Francisco day.
Everyday except Tuesday & Wednesday.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for San Francisco in a Day: Golden Gate Bridge, Chinatown, Fisherman’s Wharf & Scenic Bay Cruise
- You will receive a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
- Itinerary subject to change without notice
- Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.
- This tour has a maximum capacity of 20 guests.
- Only small backpacks and regular-size handbags are allowed on this tour.
- Unfortunately, you can not take strollers on this tour.
- As COVID regulations change frequently and at short notice, it is your responsibility to ensure that you have checked the requirements that San Francisco has put in place so that all visitors have a safe and enjoyable experience.
- *Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator up to 72 hours before your chosen activity date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours.