The Golden Circle & Friðheimar
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
This best-selling tour of Iceland's most famous landmarks includes a visit to Friðheimar greenhouse. The classic Golden Circle with a sustainable twist!
Our guide to The Golden Circle & Friðheimar
The tour starts with a visit to Fridheimar greenhouse where we learn about the magical methods of managing pests by using biological controls. We also learn how to grow delicious tomatoes in a eco-friendly way with the aid of geothermal heat which Iceland has in abundance.
After Fridheimar, we stop at Geysir geothermal area. The Strokkur geysir shoots a column of water up to 30 meters (98 ft.) into the air every 4-8 minutes in a thrilling display of nature’s forces.
The visit continues with Gullfoss waterfall, created by the Hvítá river, which tumbles and plunges into a crevice some 32 m (105 ft.) deep.
Thingvellir National Park
We also visit the historical and geological wonder that is Thingvellir National Park. Here the American and Eurasian tectonic plates are pulling apart at a rate of a few centimetres per year. Thingvellir is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for The Golden Circle & Friðheimar
- In the event of inclement weather, road closures or other causes which may impact your hotel pick-up, you will be advised of the nearest collection point. It is the customer's responsibility to be at this location in order to be collected.
- You will receive a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
- You will be required to present a printed copy of your voucher at the time of tour departure.
- Pick-up from hotels and guesthouses starts 45 minutes before the tour departure time. You will be advised specific times upon reconfirmation locally.
- Depending on hotel locations etc. this can sometimes take 15-45 minutes. Once everyone is present, your tour will depart.C
- Warm clothes, waterproof jacket, and sturdy shoes are recommended
- We recommend bringing thermal layers, a winter hat, scarf, gloves, and wearing warm socks for colder days
- No liability is accepted for losses or expenses due to delays or changes of arrival or departure of flights or other services, injury, sickness, accident, strikes, damage, negligence, weather, war or other causes outside the control of Reykjavik Excursions. All such losses and expenses are the personal liability of the traveller.
- CANCELLATION POLICY: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator up to 72 hours before your chosen activity date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours.