Bay of Islands Swim with the Dolphin Cruise
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Cruise the sparkling waters of the Bay of Islands and spot these playful mammals leaping and dancing over waves. Take the plunge and join them for an unforgettable encounter…
Our guide to Bay of Islands Swim with the Dolphin Cruise
The beautiful Bay of Islands has some of the warmest waters in New Zealand and is thus home to dolphins year round. Your catamaran will take you racing through the Bay of Islands from Paihia or Russell in search of the pods of friendly Bottlenose dolphins which live in the area. If you're lucky, you may even catch a glimpse of Common and Dusky dolphins.
Get the Swim with the Dolphins experience in the warmest waters in New Zealand. Cruise picturesque islands while searching for dolphins. Once we find a pod of dolphins, Department of Conservation regulations will determine whether a swim is possible. Swimming is optional however you need to be a confident swimmer.
The high speed catamaran is purpose built for dolphin watching and swimming and offers easy access to the water and ample viewing areas including observation decks and side opening windows. Your cruise includes mask, snorkel, fins and a wetsuit for those that swim along with a hot drink and hot shower onboard afterwards.
If you do not get to see dolphins you will get a non-transferable voucher to come again for free. This is not a money back offer.
Cruise concludes at approximately 4 hours after commencement, back at Paihia or Russell Wharf.
Daily, from October to April.
Varies, please see calendar. Sailing times are subject to change due to tides.
Around 4 hours.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Bay of Islands Swim with the Dolphin Cruise
- You will receive a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
- Swimming is optional; swimmers must be 8 years old and over and confident in the open water.
- Swimming with dolphins can only happen in the correct conditions. Your captain will make this decision and there is no guarantee that you will be allowed to get into the water.
- Itinerary subject to change.
- Sailing times are subject to change due to tides.
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled prior to your holiday departure date. No refunds are given for cancellations made post departure.