Venice Food Tour: Rialto Market, Cannaregio, Gondola, Food & Wine
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Venice has developed a reputation for over-priced, touristy food — that could not be further from the truth. This Venice Food Tour is going to change your opinion of Venetian food by sending you beyond the worn-out tourist spots with an expert Venetian foodie, who will school you in the rich culinary history of Venice while showing you the best spots to sample its gastronomic delights.
Our guide to Venice Food Tour: Rialto Market, Cannaregio, Gondola, Food & Wine
With intimate groups of 12 people or fewer we don’t just want you to eat well for a day, we want to show you how to eat like a Venetian for your entire stay.
Start by visiting the twin hearts of Venice’s food scene; the Rialto Fruit and Vegetable Market and the Rialto Fish Market. As you peruse the overflowing aisles, your guide will explain how ancient trade routes and a strong maritime history have shaped the diets of Venetians; and how they still get the freshest fish from the Mediterranean.
All this talk of food will make you hungry so you will start with sandwiches and coffee at a local cafe, followed by an introduction to cicchetti, Venice's signature tapas style bites. The second stop of the morning is a family-run bar where you'll enjoy two local favourite bites paired with a drink.
Next, it's time to explore the famous Rialto fish market. With a local on hand to give you insider information, learn about one of Venice's oldest industries and spot unusual species that you may not find at your local fishmongers. From here, it's time for more food! Pop into a bright, friendly small shop for a street-food style, take on Venetian seafood - made from products made from the market you have just visited.
In fact, we bet you will be shocked to learn just how much of Venetian food (and Italian food as a whole) has been influenced by the Jewish community. Our adventure continues as we embark on a short stroll across bridges and piazzas of Cannaregio.
Your tour culminates in a stop at our favourite Venetian restaurant; a friendly and atmospheric neighbourhood trattoria. Here you’ll be warmly greeted by the host and served a plate of the day’s pasta special, washed down of course, with another glass of wine.
Varies, please see calendar.
Around 2 hours 45 minutes.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Venice Food Tour: Rialto Market, Cannaregio, Gondola, Food & Wine
- You will receive a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
- Itinerary subject to change without notice.
- Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes before the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.
- This tour has a maximum capacity of 15 guests.
- For those with food allergies or other special requirements, please notify us before reserving your visit and then again, as soon as you meet your tour guide. We will do our very best to accommodate you and find suitable alternatives.
- This tour runs rain or shine. However, please note that the gondola ride cannot operate during heavy rain or high tides. In this case, we will provide an alternative itinerary.
- Cancellation Policy: A full refund will be given on cancellations made more than 72 hours before tour commencement. Cancellations received within 72 hours before the tour are non-refundable. We will, however, do our best to reschedule you for another tour. Please note, this is subject to availability and price changes.
- Tours depart precisely at the scheduled tour start time. If you show up late or cannot find the meeting point, for any reason, refund requests are not honoured per policy. For most tours, it is not logistically possible to join the group after it has started.
Frequently Asked Questions for Venice Food Tour: Rialto Market, Cannaregio, Gondola, Food & Wine
- Can I take a gondola ride if I use a wheelchair?
No. Unfortunately, gondolas are not wheelchair accessible.