Best of Chicago - The Grand Tour
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
This comprehensive half-day tour of Chicago is the perfect introduction to the Windy City! See all the landmarks, attractions and historical sites of Chicago’s North Side and South Side and enjoy a scenic drive along the Outer Drive.
Our guide to Best of Chicago - The Grand Tour
Get ready to see a wide array of landmarks, museums and historical sites on this comprehensive tour of Chicago which visits the city's north and side sides and their various highlights.
Using a luxury motorcoach to get around, you will also have an expert local guide who will provide plenty of insight and background information along the way.
North Side highlights of the tour include:
- Central Business District one of the worlds financial hubs and always bustling with activity
- The Loop the historical centre of downtown Chicago
- State Street designated the great street by none other than Frank Sinatra
- Richard J. Daley Plaza home to an untitled 15ft steel sculpture by Pablo Picasso
- Wacker Drive a multi-level street winding its way through the city that has appeared in Hollywood films such as The Blues Brothers, Batman Begins & Batman The Dark Knight
- The Chicago River its direction of flow reversed by a 19th century civil engineering master feat
- The Magnificent Mile home to fine restaurants, nightlife, excellent shopping and several of the tallest buildings in the world
- Lincoln Park fronting onto Lake Michigan this is Chicagos largest public park
- Wrigley Field home to the Chicago cubs baseball team (wont be visited on game days)
South Side highlights of the tour include:
- Grant Park referred to as Chicagos front yard and scene of President elect Barrack Obamas victory speech on 4th November 2008
- Soldier Field home to the Chicago Bears NFL team
- Adler Planetarium & Astronomy Museum the oldest planetarium in existence today
- Shedd Aquarium the most popular cultural attraction in Chicago and at one time was the worlds largest aquarium
- Field Museum of Natural History famous for the scope and size of its collection, and home to the most complete and best-preserved
- Tyrannosaurus Rex fossil discovered yet
- Art Institute of Chicago one of the USAs premier fine art galleries, renowned for its collections of Impressionist and American art
- Jackson Park hosted the historic World's Fair Columbian exhibition in 1893
- Lake Point Towers architecturally stunning and also the worlds tallest apartment building
- Orchestra Hall home to the Chicago Symphony Orchestra
- Navy Pier 1km long pier on the shores of Lake Michigan
Please bear in mind that you will not get off the coach and enter all of the places listed below however the tour will help you decide which ones to explore more thoroughly and show you where they are located.
Daily, year round.
10.00am and 12.00pm October to May; 9.30am, 11.30am or 1.30pm June to September.
Around 4 hours.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Best of Chicago - The Grand Tour
- The precise itinerary is subject to change depending on local conditions and unforeseen events.
- The tour starts and ends at the at the Grayline Chicago office on Michigan Avenue. Directions will be on your voucher
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled prior to your holiday departure date. No refunds are given for cancellations made post departure.
Frequently Asked Questions for Best of Chicago - The Grand Tour
Is a hotel pick-up included?
The Best of Chicago -The Grand Tour starts from the Gray Line Chicago office, located on the northwest corner of Michigan Avenue and Monroe Street. The tour ends at this point.