Kuranda, Skyrail & Scenic Rail
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Glide above the rainforest canopy
Enjoy a breathtaking journey on one of the world's most scenic train routes through hand-hewn tunnels and over bridges spanning spectacular gorges.
Our guide to Kuranda, Skyrail & Scenic Rail
A coach will pick you up from your hotel to commence a full day Kuranda Skyrail, and Scenic Rail tour. Transfer to Smithfield Terminal to board the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway at the scheduled time advised by the driver and glide above the rainforest canopy to Kuranda.
There are two stations enroute where you can alight and enjoy a walk through the rainforest to spectacular lookouts or visit the CSIRO Interpretive Centre.
Arrive at Kuranda to enjoy free time for approximately 3 hours, and explore the 'Village in the Rainforest' and its many attractions including the Heritage Markets which operate daily. Enjoy lunch (own expense). Other Kuranda Village attractions you may wish to visit are Birdworld, The Australian Butterfly Sanctuary or Kuranda Koala Gardens (own expense).
At 02:00pm board the Kuranda Scenic Railway for the journey to Cairns, and enjoy spectacular views as the train travels through 15 hand cut tunnels and past spectacular waterfalls. Stop at Barron Gorge to view the falls before arriving at Freshwater Station.
Your tour concludes at approximately 04:00pm, at which time hotel drop offs will commence.
Daily, year round.
Approximately 9.00am. Pick up is around 8.15am.
Around 8 hours.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Kuranda, Skyrail & Scenic Rail
- You will receive a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
- You MUST re-confirm your booking locally at least 24 hours in advance.
- Pick-ups and Drop offs are not available from Yorkey's Knob, Holloways Beach and Machans Beach.
- Children 3 years and under travel free.
- Tours do not operate on Christmas Day.
- The Kuranda Scenic Rail (KSR) is subject to extreme weather conditions resulting in non-operation. In this instance, return Skyrail will be provided to substitute the KSR portion. You will be advised on the day of alternative arrangements that will be available to you.
- All Kuranda tours are self-guided. Your Boarding Pass will be given to you by your driver. It includes your itinerary in written format, with timings to ensure your day runs as efficiently as possible.
- Fuel levies may be introduced when required. Should this occur, charges will be payable locally and subject to change without notice.
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled prior to your holiday departure date. No refunds are given for cancellations made post departure.