Dubai Desert Safari and Sunset Barbecue
4.6 stars: Based on 46 reviews via
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
An exhilarating ride and a sample of authentic desert life...
Riding in a luxury 4-Wheel Drive vehicle experience the wild majesty of the Arabian Desert as you enjoy an exciting roller coaster-of-a-drive over giant sand dunes. Then watch the full glory of a desert sunset before heading to a Bedouin Camp for a delicious barbecue dinner.
Our guide to Dubai Desert Safari and Sunset Barbecue
A Dubai desert safari is a ‘must-do' experience for anyone visiting Dubai. Head into the desert for a thrilling and exhilarating experience in the capable hands of an expert driver.
You’ll be picked up in a modern, air-conditioned 4-wheel drive vehicle and taken on an exciting dune drive across the the golden sands of Arabian Desert. Your experience takes place in the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve, the UAE's first national park. This unique reserve was created for the protection of endangered flora and fauna and the conservation of the natural desert habitat and heritage. Watch closely for wild animals roaming in this unique desert landscape before experiencing the exhilaration of 'Dune Bashing'. Race up giant sand dunes and plunge over blind precipices, provoking shrieks and laughter in equal measure!
Afterwards, head to the top of the largest sand dune and watch the full glory of a desert sunset before continuing to an exclusive Bedouin campsite nestled deep in the desert. Here a warm traditional Arabic welcome of dates and coffee awaits and there is the chance to ride a camel or try sand surfing as a delicious barbecue dinner is prepared on open fires. If you wish, try traditional aromatic water pipe or Shisha or get a henna tattoo etched onto your hands or feet. Dinner will be served to you under the stars and includes shawarma and falafel sandwiches as starters and a BBQ buffet with side dishes, plus soft drinks, mineral water, coffee and tea. The Tanoura dancing and belly dancing under the Arabian sky make for a magical experience.
- The luxury 4WD vehicles used are air-conditioned and carry a maximum capacity of 6 passengers plus driver.
- All drivers are qualified off-road professionals; first-aid trained and carry mobile phones.
- All vehicles are equipped with seat-belts and passengers are required to wear them at all times.
- This safari trip takes you through rugged routes intended to create an adventurous and exciting experience. Therefore, this excursion is not recommended for children under the age of three years, expectant mothers and over 65s. It is also not recommended to people suffering with heart conditions and back/neck problems.
Daily, year round.
3.00pm - 4.00pm. Hotel pick-ups commence up to 30 minutes before the start of the tour.
Around 5 hours.
Tips & Tricks - Dubai Desert Safari and Sunset Barbecue
A Desert 4x4 Jeep Safari with Sunset Barbecue is the number 1 Dubai Experience.
Average 4.6 out of 5 (46 customer reviews)
Exhilarating experience with a lovely buffet and friendly staff. Entertainment was great with a chance to ride a camel 🐪
Ritu Sharma reviewed 14 May,2019
Great! The BBQ was excellent too
Trusted Customer reviewed 20 Dec,2017
Great fun and pretty good value for money. Done it twice now and Alpha tours have been excellent both times.
Trusted Customer reviewed 01 Nov,2017
Belly dancers was only 1 ! Food was brilliant - 4x4 ride was amazing
Trusted Customer reviewed 09 Nov,2016
This was great value. The safari drive was brilliant. We got to our destination and had a very short ride on a camel there was sand boarding, henna tattooing you could buy souvenirs all that was followed by a BBQ and traditional dancing and music.
Trusted Customer reviewed 01 Oct,2016
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Dubai Desert Safari and Sunset Barbecue
- Pick-ups are available from Dubai area hotels only.
- This excursion is not recommended for children under the age of three years, expectant mothers and over 65s. It is also not recommended for people suffering with heart conditions and back/neck problems.
- The United Arab Emirates has conservative dress traditions. Swimwear should be confined to the beach and hotel pools.
- Please note there will be no alcohol or belly dance show during Ramadan.
- Please note on certain holy occasions and special days, entertainment and alcohol is prohibited in the Emirate of Dubai. This could affect the tour's content.
- Schedules are likely to change during the month of Ramadan and the holidays.
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the supplier at least 48 hours prior to the tour date/time. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 48 hours of activity date.