Phillip Island Express Tour
- Free cancellations*
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
A captivating paradise boasting stunning coastal beauty, abundant wildlife and the world-famous Penguin Parade
Experience an unforgettable sightseeing journey from Melbourne to Phillip Island, where nature's wonders await. Witness the renowned Penguin Parade and marvel at the breathtaking Nobbies and Seal Rocks during this seamless and scenic tour.
Our guide to Phillip Island Express Tour
Whether you're inclined to venture out for a late night on the town or prefer a leisurely morning in Melbourne, but still have a yearning to witness the captivating penguins on Phillip Island, we've got the ideal tour just for you.
We'll pick you up at a reasonable hour, making sure you have a comfortable start and then embark on our journey to the picturesque Phillip Island.
Upon reaching the island, we'll begin our adventure with a visit to Seal Rocks and the Nobbies Centre. Here, you can stroll along the boardwalk and bask in the breathtaking vistas that stretch back towards the Mornington Peninsula, offering unparalleled views from the westernmost point of Phillip Island. As you amble along, keep an eye out for the stars of the show, the charming Little Penguins, who playfully peek from their burrows beneath the boardwalk, eagerly awaiting dusk when their partners return from their oceanic sojourn.
Just before the sun dips below the horizon, we'll head over to the renowned Penguin Parade. Here, we'll secure our positions on the beach, poised to witness the enchanting spectacle of hundreds of Little Penguins gracefully making their way across the sand, eventually returning to their cosy burrows nestled within the sandy dunes. It's an experience that will warm your heart as you watch these endearing creatures reunite with their companions, exchange tender gestures, indulge in a little dance, and then, with a waddle, retreat into their sandy sanctuaries.
With your group size guaranteed to be no larger than 24 guests, we ensure there is plenty of opportunity to get out and explore nature at its very best. Our friendly and knowledgeable guides are dedicated to helping you forge unforgettable travel memories that will endure for a lifetime.
Why not upgrade your tour to include Penguin Plus? Visit the exclusive up-close viewing area with a maximum capacity of 200 guests.
Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays year-round from outside the Melbourne Immigration Museum at the corner of Flinders Street & Market Street, Melbourne. This tour does not operate on 25th December.
Departure time is 1.45pm from April to September and 2.45pm from October to March.
Between 7-10 hours depending on the month of travel.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Phillip Island Express Tour
- This tour uses smaller air-conditioned buses, allowing access to many areas not available to the larger coaches as well as providing a personal touch with the benefits of a small group environment.
- There is a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 24 persons on each departure.
- Please note that itineraries are subject to change without notice.
- This tour picks up from a single departure location ( outside the Melbourne Immigration Museum at the corner of Flinders Street & Market Street, Melbourne), so hotel pickups are not included.
- No prams, strollers, luggage or large bags are permitted onboard the touring vehicles due to a lack of appropriate storage space.
- Children aged between 0-15 years pay a child price.
- Children 0-4 years: To ensure our guest’s health & safety, all children aged 4 years and under must be securely fastened in a baby seat. These seats are provided by us at no additional charge. This is a condition of carriage as we strictly prohibit children from sitting on a parent's lap while the tour vehicle is in motion. Parents or guardians bear the responsibility to make sure their child remains seated and properly secured throughout the duration of the tour.
- For children aged between 5-8 years, we offer an optional booster seat. This is available by request only and arrangements must be made prior to the tour's departure. Please understand that once requested and placed in the vehicle, the booster seat cannot be removed during the day.
- Hotel pick-ups are not included. This tour picks up from a single departure location (from outside the Melbourne Immigration Museum at the corner of Flinders Street & Market Street, Melbourne).
- Please bring appropriate footwear & clothing for walking, snacks and a water bottle. Warm clothes and layers as coastal winds can make conditions quite cold in the winter.
- Go West Tours reserves the right to alter fares, inclusions, and vehicles, use other accredited tour operators during peak season, and may cancel tours in unforeseen circumstances.
- Tour operation or alterations to itineraries may occur due to road or weather conditions, natural disasters, strikes, public holidays, accommodation availability, and/or other factors. The company gives no guarantee as to the exact arrival or departure times of tours as circumstances beyond our control may influence this.
- Go West Tours must be advised of any medical conditions or physical disability requiring special attention before the tour. Failing to advise us, may result in us refusing to accept the booking. We may also refuse to travel if we feel that the tour chosen is not suitable without a suitably qualified companion.
- *Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator before 24 hours of your chosen activity date. Guest cancellations within 24 hours of tour departure or failure to take up a tour for any reason will result in 100% forfeiture of the tour fare.