New Orleans Jazz Tour
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Few cities rival New Orleans’ nightlife thanks to its thrilling music scene. From authentic Dixieland to big brass and every other jazz style in between, live music options are endless in the city that gave birth to the coolest genre in music. Hear about the origins and culture of jazz before making your way to the 19th-century neighborhood that boasts the best music and bars in town.
Our guide to New Orleans Jazz Tour
This music tour of New Orleans begins just outside the French Quarter at the historic and beautiful Louis Armstrong Park in the Tremé neighborhood. Within the park, your guide will talk about the historical origins of jazz and discuss one of the jazz greats, Armstrong himself.
From here, you will begin to make your way to the popular Marigny neighborhood, named after the nobleman and good-time guy of the same name. Updated for modern thirsts, Marigny is a hip nightlife area that appeals to New Orleanians and visitors alike. Your guide will lead the way, making sure to point out a few popular local music and nightlife haunts along the way.
Soon you will arrive at the famous Frenchmen Street, the largest concentration of live music venues in the city. Your guide will take you inside one of his/her favorites. Being with a local, you’ll have access to the best options, depending on the day of the week, time of day, and band schedules. And to top it off, you will receive a beer on us at one of the stops and you’re very welcome to purchase additional beverages as and when you want them.
In New Orleans, there’s always the opportunity for an element of surprise. You will be on the lookout for impromptu street performances, which always make the night special. And if the timing and mood is right, you will get behind the scenes with one of the bands in between sets.
If (well, let’s be honest, when!), at the end of the tour you're still craving more, your guide will point out other great locations in the area for dinner, drinks, and of course, more great music!
Louis Armstrong Park (Entrance to the park, under archway), 701 N. Rampart St., New Orleans, LA 70116
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for New Orleans Jazz Tour
- To ensure a more personal experience, group sizes are limited to 10 passengers.
- CANCELLATION POLICY: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator up to 72 hours before your chosen activity date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours.
- Child Policy: Travellers under 21 years of age are not permitted to join this tour.
- As of Monday, August 16, 2021: ALL guests will be required to show proof of vaccination or negative COVID-19 test results in order to join their tour, as ordered by the City of New Orleans. Please visit ready.nola.gov/covid for more information.