Hobbiton Express Tour from Auckland
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Enter the magical world of ‘the Shire’ on this day tour to the Hobbiton movie set as seen in 'The Lord of the Rings' and 'The Hobbit'. See 44 hobbit holes including Bilbo's 'Bag End' house and enjoy a complimentary drink at the Green Dragon Inn.
Our guide to Hobbiton Express Tour from Auckland
Embark on a magical journey through Middle-earth to the Hobbiton Movie Set from "The Lord of the Rings" and "The Hobbit" films on this easy-going day trip from Auckland.
Travel south from Auckland over the Bombay Hills to the rich farmland of the Waikato region.
Your journey takes you through undulating green hills reminding you that you are approaching The Shire. Your Bush and Beach guide will give you commentary on the way to Hobbiton with insights into the areas you are travelling through, along with some background to the movies.
On arrival at Shire's Rest you embark on your Hobbiton movie set tour. This location is the largest green set in the world and the only part of the set remaining in New Zealand.
You see 44 hobbit holes, the Mill and double arch bridge and the party tree. At this stunning location you can take a photo at the gate to Bilbo's house, Bag End, looking out over the whole set to the hills in the distance.
The tour ends with a visit to the Green Dragon Inn for a drink.
After the tour your sumptuous feast is included at the Party marquee before heading back to Auckland before the traffic builds up.
Daily, year round, except Christmas Day.
Approximately 8.5 hours.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Hobbiton Express Tour from Auckland
- The precise itinerary is subject to change depending on local conditions.
- As there is some walking involved, this tour is not suitable for wheelchairs.
- Please wear suitable outdoor clothing and comfortable walking shoes.
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled prior to your holiday departure date. No refunds are given for cancellations made post departure.
Frequently Asked Questions for Hobbiton Express Tour from Auckland
- What should I wear and bring?
Suitable outdoor clothing and comfortable walking shoes. Dress according to the weather for that day.