Boston Movie Mile Walking Tour
A guided tour of Beantown! !
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
See the bar where 'Everybody knows your name!'
Take a stroll on foot through Boston and explore the locations made famous by over 30 TV shows & movies including Ted, The Departed, The Thomas Crown Affair, Civil Action, Good Will Hunting, Boondock Saints, MTV's Real World, Alex and Emma, Parent Trap and more!
Our guide to Boston Movie Mile Walking Tour
Take the Boston Movie Mile Walking Tour and explore the most filmed area in Boston. This unique walking tour of Boston Common and Beacon Hill will guide you through the places you’ve seen on screen and turn them into a reality.
On the Boston Movie Mile Walking Tour, a local actor will be your guide, leading you to over 30 area locations seen on screen while giving you inside behind-the-scenes info about the Boston TV and filming industry.
The Boston Movie Mile Walking Tour kicks off at Boston Common, a 50-acre central park in the city. Boston Common, also the name of an NBC sitcom in the '90s, claims many notable landmarks in the area such as the Boston Public Garden, Massachusetts State House, Brewer Fountain, Park Street Station (America's first subway station), and the Soldiers and Sailors Monument.
Movies and TV shows filmed in and around the Boston Common include Cheers, The Departed, Ted, Ally McBeal, Amistad, The Company Men, and Glory. One of the most notable filming locations on the Boston Movie Mile tour is the bench where Robin Williams and Matt Damon sat in Good Will Hunting.
The Boston Movie Mile Walking Tour also takes you throughout the beautiful Beacon Hill area. You'll stop by the Boston Athenaeum, one of the oldest libraries in the United States, which can be seen in Civil Action and With Honors. From there, you'll pass through numerous filming locations and side streets including Acorn Street, the most photographed street in Boston. TV shows and movies filmed around Beacon Hill include The Thomas Crown Affair, Boondock Saints, and What's the Worst That Can Happen? The Departed, MTV's Real World, and Blown Away.
The tour ends at one of Boston’s most famous locations: the Cheers bar. Also known as the Bull and Finch Pub, this neighborhood bar in Beacon Hill was used for the exterior shots in the popular sitcom Cheers.
All Saturdays from April to October.
Approximately 1.5 hours.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Boston Movie Mile Walking Tour
- In an effort to stay current, our tour operator is constantly updating their tours with new locations and cannot guarantee the presence of locations mentioned on the site. If you have a particular interest in locations from a specific TV show or movie, please let your tour guides know and they will do their best to accommodate your request.
- Seating is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Any person under the age of 13 must be accompanied by a person at least 15 years of age or older at all times.
- The use or consumption of alcoholic products is strictly prohibited on the tour. Federal and State laws prohibit smoking on the bus.
- Tours take place on luxury coach buses, which are air-conditioned in the summer and heated in the winter. Buses are equipped with on-board restrooms. Buses are not equipped with lap or shoulder belts or harnesses.
- Notice of the need for an accessible vehicle at least 24 hours in advance is strongly recommended so as to guarantee the timely provision of an accessible vehicle. The wheelchair lifts can accommodate up to approximately 600 pounds total. However, If you will be using a fold-up wheelchair and will be traveling with someone who can provide assistance on and off the bus, you do not need to inform ahead of time as all buses have room in the luggage compartment to store it.
- CANCELLATION POLICY: Once booked this tour cannot be amended and is non-refundable.