Met Express: Highlights of the Metropolitan Museum of Art in 2 Hours
- Free cancellations*
- Pay in instalments
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Discover the best of the Met in just 2 hours!
This tour is simply the best way to enjoy some of The Met's most beloved works in a limited amount of time (or for those with a limited attention span!). Join an expert art-inclined guide as they lead the way through a carefully curated route passing and pausing at the highlights of NYC's celebrated Metropolitan Museum of Art.
Our guide to Met Express: Highlights of the Metropolitan Museum of Art in 2 Hours
You can spend an infinite amount of time wandering through the galleries at the Metropolitan Museum of Art but a lot of us don't have time for that! This specially curated tour takes the highlights and packs them into two incredible hours of exploration with an art-inclined, passionate guide who knows The Met inside and out.
You won't be joining for a quick stroll through any dusty ole' art museum - this is a whirlwind adventure through the history of art! Along the way, your expert guide will show you to works by Van Gogh and Monet, introduce you to some fairly quiet Egyptian mummies, a few stoic statues who traveled all the way from Greece and Rome, and pause at the Bisj Poles... (Bisj, what?)
You'll even wander straight into an Egyptian temple. The Temple of Dendur (a highlight for all!) was brought from Egypt and re-erected in its entirety right here in The Met. No matter your background or age, this ancient structure is jaw-dropping for all.
Your expert guide not only reveals the history of these works of art, but they also indulge your senses and help illuminate each masterpiece you encounter. No one leaves this tour without a deeper understanding and appreciation for art and culture.
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Met)
- Ancient Egyptian Galleries
- Temple of Dendur
- Tomb of Perneb
- Greek and Roman Galleries
- Auguste Rodin (Sculptures)
- Vincent van Gogh (Paintings)
- Picasso and Degas (Paintings)
- Claude Monet (Water Lilies)
- John Singer Sargent (Madame X)
Varies, please see calendar.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Met Express: Highlights of the Metropolitan Museum of Art in 2 Hours
- As COVID regulations change frequently and at short notice, it is your responsibility to ensure that you have checked the requirements that New York has put in place so that all visitors have a safe and enjoyable experience.You will receive a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
- Itinerary subject to change without notice.
- Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no-shows after tour commencement or departure.
- This tour has a maximum capacity of 15 guests.
- The Temple of Dendur is occasionally rented out for private events with no advance notice provided. While usually this occurs in the evening times, closures may impact this tour. In such cases, other works from the Egyptian collection will be substituted. Even more rarely, the Met may rent out select rooms for private events in which the same rule of substitution applies.
- Tours depart precisely at the scheduled tour start time. If you show up late or cannot find the meeting point, for any reason, refund requests are not honoured per policy. For most tours, it is not logistically possible to join the group after it has started.
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator up to 72 hours before your chosen activity date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours.