VIP Catacombs Tour
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Head beneath the Eternal City for a VIP tour of Rome’s Catacombs. Wander through an eerie network of tunnels below the city streets, once both a burial ground and worship site for Rome’s first Christians.
Our guide to VIP Catacombs Tour
This underground tour of the Catacombs takes you deeper into the unusual history of Rome, far below its busy streets and towering monuments to the concealed side of this ancient city. The itinerary includes some of the most uncommon, mysterious and outlandish sites the Eternal City has to offer.
A VIP minibus full equipped with air conditioning will take you to the ancient Roman catacombs. The staff will provide an App City audio guide that will introduce the venue and the old road of Via Appia.
Located just outside the city and hidden deep underground, the catacombs were created in the second century in response to a shortage of land for deceased’s remains. Dating back almost 2,000 years to the 2nd century AD, this extensive network of tunnels snaking underground was once both a burial ground and a place of worship for the first Christians in Rome. With an expert guide you’ll explore these extensive tunnels lined with tombs carved right out of the rock, and hear the fascinating history of these sacred places. Get ready to have your assumptions about Rome turned upside down on this incredibly unique journey of discovery!
• Shuttle bus round trip from the city center to the Roman catacombs
• Guided tour within the Catacombs available in English - about 50 minutes
• Entrance ticket to the main Catacombs in Rome
Piazza d'Ara Coeli, 16. Customers will need to reach the meeting point directly, 20 minutes prior to departure.
Daily 10.00am and 2.00pm
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for VIP Catacombs Tour
- Tour not suitable for guests with wheelchair or with impaired mobility.
- Catacombs are holy places, so guests should dress appropriately—all should cover their shoulders and thighs.
- It’s best to also have a light jacket, as it can get cold underground.